Complaint Review: Netspend

• Submitted: Mon, December 13, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, December 17, 2010

• Reported By: Tim — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Netspend

Netspend Netspend Corporation Refuses to help me get my money back for a pair of transactions. No Help. No Updates Internet

*Author of original report: Does not "have your back" as they claim

*Author of original report: Jump through hoops

Aaron's Sales and Lease in Parma, Ohio made 2 transactions against my account with Netspend; a debit card company.  I reported the transactions as unauthorized and as not as advertised with them.

They first told me it would take 3 to 5 business days to get my money back. Now they are saying 20 business days.

At one point Aaron's had me convinced I was wrong; so confusing was the rhetoric on their part.  After going over the terms of the leases I found that I was INDEED correct and these were unauthorized or not as advertised charges.

I have tried and tried to make Netspend understand that Aarons did not have permission to debit my card for over 300.00 on one chage and 160 on another charge. I demanded a signed slip with MY signature on it and it has not been forthcoming at all.

Instead of getting my money back and the charges being sent back to Aaron's; I am the one being treated with hostility and suspicion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-Netspend-Corporation-Refuses-to-help-me-get-my-money-back-for-a-pair-of-transact-671125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

Does not "have your back" as they claim

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

In fact, they knife you IN the back instead of helping get your money back. A supervisor hung up on me 3 times today simply because I asked for her supervisor. And I did ask in a nice tone of voice too.

I was told by one of the supervisors that they work for Visa and the company has more rights to the money than I do because they are a corporation. What logic that makes is beyond me. I was then told I had a 50/50 chance of getting my money back.

DO NOT use Netspend. You are better off using a s****.>

Jump through hoops

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

Now this crazy debit card company wants me to fax them all kinds of proofs that I am telling the truth. I have asked them to have Aaron's Sales provide a signed sales draft from me to prove I authorized the transactions.

No sales drafts were ever shown to me.

I WARN YOU ALL. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NETSPEND.
THEY DO NOT HONOR THE ZERO LIABILITY POLICY OF VISA.
THEY ARE NASTY WHEN DEALING WITH THEM VIA EMAIL.
THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
THEY ARE CROOKS.