Complaint Review: Netspend

• Submitted: Sat, December 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By: nococonsumer — Loveland Colorado United States of America

Netspend Paypal Prepaid Debit Card Refusal to release funds held in pending transactions Internet

I initiated an order online which, legitimately, resulted in a hold on those funds until the order was completed. Due to unavailability of the online vendor, the order was cancelled the next day. 14 days after the order was cancelled, the funds were still held in pending transaction status. I emailed the vendor and received a response stating they had notified the card company 3 times that that order had been cancelled and the vendor released the funds. I forwarded the email in a secure message in my online account. The auto response is that it would take 48 hours.

3 days later, funds are still not released and still no additional response from customer service. I called customer service, they said to forward the email from the vendor verifying the order was cancelled and they would release the funds in 6-8 ours.

24 hours later, funds are not released. I called customer service back and was told that I needed to forward to a different email address, and they were unsure why I was given an incorrect email address, but to forward the verification of cancelled order again to the CORRECT address and funds would be released in 6-8 hours.

Today, 24 hours later, funds still not released. I was told they had no record of any correspondence from me - not the email, not the SECURE MESSAGING - nothing. I was told that it I wanted the funds to be released, I needed to call the vendor and ask them to fax, on their letterhead, a letter stating the order was cancelled! Despite the fact that all banking transactions are electronic and I have the confirmation with a specific name, order#, transaction # and domain name obviously from the vendor, now I have to request the vendor to take the time and expense of writing a letter on my behalf.

I am filing this complaint, certified letter to Paypal, their co-branded card partner, BBB, CFTB and banking authority for this transaction in our state. Sadly, aside from the complaints, the only other action I can take is to discontinue using this vendor for any reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-Paypal-Prepaid-Debit-Card-Refusal-to-release-funds-held-in-pending-transactions-I-979567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend