Complaint Review: Netspend

Netspend

Netspend READ ABOUT NETSPEND RIPOFFS BEFORE FILING INCOME TAX REFUND , Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: NetSpend for Tax Refund 2013

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

My IRS refund was processed through TurboTax and forwarded (VIA IRS website) to NETSPEND on February 3. Its February 22nd and I still have not received my card. I thought this would be a quick way to receive my refund - my 10 year old dog needs surgery, scheduled 1 March.

An operator apologized for the mix-up when I called on the 17th and assured me that I would receive my card within four days. Never received.  I telephoned again today and was told that the card had not been sent, nor ordered.  The same promise was made that I would receive the card by March 1 (the date of my dog's surgery).I even offered to pay extra to have the card sent via fedex or overnight mail).THE RESPONSE WAS NO.

I am in disbelief.  I saw where NETSPEND responds to complaints with form letters...can't someone do something legally about this obviously sketchy business.  I filed my return early to ensure that I would have the money and that I would be able to move forward with my dog's surgery.  Tonight, I am just devastated, reading all of the other complaints (OVER 200).  Why didn't I read these before I filed my income tax return?

I dont want a form letter, I want resolution, immediate resolution. To think, I actually thought NETSPEND WOULD BE FASTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT>>>I WAS WRONG! TO BE CONTINUED...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2013 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-READ-ABOUT-NETSPEND-RIPOFFS-BEFORE-FILING-INCOME-TAX-REFUND-Internet-1018860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

NetSpend for Tax Refund 2013

AUTHOR: Mario - (United States of America)

After reading countless horror stories about utilizing NetSpend for 2013 tax refund, I was terrified about my 3800.00 tax return. I filed Jan 30, my return was accepted yesterday Feb 28, and my cash was posted to my NetSpend today March 1st. I simply went to the bank and pulled out 3000.00. NetSpend charged me 2.50. It was that easy.

I don't know why lot's of people are having issues - I had none!

Mario in Columbus, Ohio

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We appreciate you sending your information to us.  We will make sure this is taken care of as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

NetSpend