Complaint Review: Netspend

• Reported By: Tired of the B.S. — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Netspend
p.o. box 2136 Internet United States of America

Netspend won't release money, Internet

I will never do business with this company again! On Feb.1 my sons taxes were supposed to be loaded onto our card through turbo tax. We have a card together and he is a cardholder on the card. Well we received a e-mail stating that deposit is pending and further action was required.

On Feb.2 we called them and after asking me a bunch of security questions was told that we needed to fax over his tax info. Reluctantly we did this and was told that after they receive the fax that they would release the money within 6-8 hours.  So I called on Sunday and I was told to call back on Monday Feb 4. When I called on Monday they told me that they needed to speak with my son because the deposit was in his name. So he called them and was asked a bunch of security questions,than was told to e-mail his tax info.

I was furious because we already faxed the info and why would they need to be e-mailed. I call them back the same day and tell them this and after being put on hold for 30 minutes,they tell me that they received the fax and the money would be released within 6-8 hours. I call them on Feb 5 and they tell me that they were returned to sender. At this point I am so pissed off because we sent them all the information only for them to send it back. Anyways we wait a couple days and still nothing.   On Feb 7 I call them and ask why they weren't returned yet and was told they don't release it for 6 days.

Now I know we are being screwed! If they are not going to deposit it than why are they holding it like that? They should be sent right back and it only takes 1 to 2 days. Now they have his money and all of our info. I will be contacting the BBB and the FDIC. Do not use this company,they will screw you!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspend/internet/Netspend-wont-release-money-Internet-1011312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend