Complaint Review: Netspend.com

Netspend.com

Netspend.com Netspend Prepaid Card Netspend Trouble Internet

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

I bought a Netspend Prepaid Card for $4.95 at a local retailer. I used this card to have my federal tax return direct deposited. After receiving my deposit, I used the card for about a day and half and spent about $700 off it. Then, on day two of having the card, it mysteriously won't work. I'm in a store with my daughter trying to pay for my purchases and my card is declined. I called Netspend (on hold for 30+ minutes every time I call) and am told that for my safety and federal law, I have to fax them a copy of my driver's license, SS Card and a utility bill in my name. Then, 24-48 after they receive this information, I may access my account again!

I am so furious with this card service! I asked why I was not informed about needing this documentation when I activated the card and all the guy on the phone could tell me was that it just popped up on my account! As soon as I can access my account again, I'm transferring my money to another account and closing my Netspend account. This is the worst card service I have ever used and I feel that something is wrong about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2013 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netspendcom/internet/Netspendcom-Netspend-Prepaid-Card-Netspend-Trouble-Internet-1014716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netspend.com

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (United States of America)

We understand your frustration and apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

We apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.