Complaint Review: Network Direct - Direct Buy

Network Direct - Direct Buy
10950 Grandview Rd Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Network Direct, Inc Direct Buy ripoff Overland Park Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Not for everyone, but there are savings

*Consumer Comment: UCC is not for everyone, high pressure tactics in selling membership, which I do not agree with

Was invited to an informative financial seminar with free dinner and free prizes for college students only. Told we could purchase appliances, computers and vacation packages for 50-70% less than retail outlets. Told it would only cost $1500 at $50.00 a month for a lifetime of savings. Now all of the sudden, there is an additional $65.00 yearly fee FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE..no cancellations other that the required by law 3 day cancellation. Also, items are usually HIGHER priced than Lowes, Home Depot, Circuit City, etc. The company says they never guarantee you will pay less than major discount retailers. I think these people prey upon college students. What college student can afford $50-$65.00 a year?

Marjorie St. Joseph, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2003 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Network-Direct-Direct-Buy/Overland-Park-Kansas/Network-Direct-Inc-Direct-Buy-ripoff-Overland-Park-Kansas-69689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Network Direct - Direct Buy

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

We've saved a lot with our Direct Buy membership. We've actually saved more than the membership itself has cost us. My husband and I plan on renewing our membership after our 3 years are up. We're only entering year 2 of it soon.

AUTHOR: J. - (U.S.A.)

I am not an owner, but I can give some positive statements about UCC. To save money with UCC one must be looking at items like: floor coverings, furniture, and high end recreation items which are marked up 200-300%. Savings on most electronics and appliance are going to be lower, because the mark-up is not very much on those types of items, and this merchandise is ever-changing, so many things are going to be discontinued. UCC does use high pressure tactics in selling membership, which I do not agree with. If someone is looking to re-furnish, renovate, or/and floor more than one room, then they will be delighted at the savings they will receive.