Complaint Review: Network Solutions

• Updated: Sun, October 14, 2012

• Reported By: anon2012 — Texas USA
Network Solutions

Network Solutions Deceptive Trade Practices Internet

I will not do business with them in the future.  I cancelled the web hosting and domain name.  As always, every time I've ever used this company, they don't let you cancel anything via email so you have proof.  You have to call them to do so.  I did once again this time and once again they didn't cancel it.  I saw more charges so I had to call them again and that finally got it done, or so I thought.  Today, several months after I cancelled everything, I received an email advising they renewed my domain name for $37.99. When I called they said I would need to sign in to my old account and enter my name before they could give me the refund.  I very irritatingly explained that I should not have to spend any of my time to sign in to anything when I never had it on auto renewal in the first place and once again, I cancelled it.  They said sorry, can't refund if you can't sign in and enter your name.  I explained again that I was looking at the email they sent about the charge for the renewal that btw, HAS MY NAME ON IT! They said sorry, can't do it.  This is such a great way to scam people, just charge them, maybe they won't notice and even if they do, the former customer has to sign in to make changes on things so they can supposedly issue a refund. They also advised that THEY put my domain name on auto renewal after I cancelled it.  I reported them to the Federal Trade Commission today.  You should always report companies like this to the FTC as once they receive a certain amount of complaints they begin to investigate and they have the ability to shut companies like this down completely. Good luck doing business with any company in this country.  I think about half are unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Network-Solutions/internet/Network-Solutions-Deceptive-Trade-Practices-Internet-954783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Network Solutions