Complaint Review: Network Tool Warehouse

• Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: DeepInquiry — Placitas New Mexico United States of America
Network Tool Warehouse
PO Box 34628 Seattle, Washington United States of America

Network Tool Warehouse ntxtools.com Beware of this lousy company!!! PO Box 34628 Seattle, Washington

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Return Policy & Compensation

On 11/1/2011 I ordered some parts for a plasma cutter.  Two weeks later I called to see if they had shipped, and was told they had been back ordered, without my consent or having told me of the delay.  I canceled the order on 11/16 when I called.  On 12/27, these parts were delivered in spite of the cancelation and my credit card was charged on 12/22.  I contacted the company to have these parts returned, as I had already purchased them elsewhere, and what followed was a two month headache with more than 15 emails.

They finally refunded part of my credit card charge and charged me a restocking fee and shipping, though they had already charged shipping to begin with! When I objected, the person I had all these dealings with, a Nathan Alexander, some sort of sales management person, said he had no proof I had canceled the order.  I responded that I did have proof, that I had written a negative review on this store on ResellerRatings.com, which was dated 11/16, and based on their not having communicated with me about back ordering the merchandise and stating that I had canceled the order.  This was of no use; while polite, he stayed firm on their only issuing a partial refund.

My order was really quite small; I only persevered in all the communication on principle, because it was obvious this company engaged in bad business practices, really a rip off, not business.  I did inform Mr. Alexander that I would try and warn potential customers before they make the same mistake as I made, that is, to order from this business, which by the way is also Coastal Tool Supply.  Once they get your money, even if you get nothing for it and request a justified refund in full, you won't see all your money.  As I was willing to persevere in communicating with them, I will persevere in communicating negatively about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Network-Tool-Warehouse/Seattle-Washington-98124-16/Network-Tool-Warehouse-ntxtoolscom-Beware-of-this-lousy-company-PO-Box-34628-Seattle-831450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Network Tool Warehouse

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Return Policy & Compensation

AUTHOR: Nathan - (United States of America)

The parts in question were special order.  The store policy as documented on the website clearly states that special order items are not returnable unless authorized by the manufacturer. In this case that authorization included a 15% restocking fee.

The customer in question was very upset by this policy threatened negative internet postings, and demanded to speak to the manager.

After speaking with him, I issued a call tag to excuse him from any cost associated with return shipping, issued a credit less restocking fee, personally wrote an apology e-mail and as a good faith effort gave him a store credit in the amount of the retocking fee.

We have followed policies such as this for over 17 years, and in most cases they satisfy our many customers.  Unfortunately, in this case it was not enough, and I am very disappointed that this customer is not satisfied.

Nathan Alexander