• Report: #19137

Complaint Review: Netzero a kaUnited Online, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 18, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, April 18, 2002

• Reported By:Anaheim CA
Netzero a kaUnited Online, Inc.
2555 Townsgate Road Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Netzero a ka Juno aka United Online Inc ripoff, made false promises, ISP cancelled service & won't refund money. Westlake Village California

Received letter from Netzero on 11/30/01 stating their Platnum internet access had to be cancelled in my area. Letter stated I would automatically receive a refund of any fees paid by check within 30 days.

On 1/22/02 called billing dept about refund. Was told check would be sent that next week.

On 2/5/02 was told that my account would be escalated and referred to a supervisor.

On 3/01/02 was told that account would be escalated again and referred to supervisor who would get in touch with me in 3 days. Never heard from anyone.

On 3/8/02 I called and was told I would receive refund ASAP. Asked to speak with a supervisor. Eric (a supervisor) said a check was issued 3/6/02 by Corporate Office and I should be getting it soon.

On 4/02/02 I called and was told that "Sherry" tried calling me on 3/06 but that my phone was disconnected. I stated that my phone was NEVER disconnected and asked what number was called. Was told the number called was not indicated. Was told that file indicates "to tell member if she calls again that a credit was issued on 3/26."

On 4/18/02 I was told that a credit was in February, then was told that a check was mailed 3/26/02 from corporate office. Then a supervisor named Lindsay got on the phone and told me a refund is being processed and will be issued in 3 weeks. When I told her that I get the same story every time I call, she told me that on my previous calls they were still checking into whether a refund was actually due.

So you see, all I get is the run-around. I paid this company in advance for 15 months service but it was cancelled by them even before it could take effect and they won't refund my payment.

Lynda
Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2002 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero-a-kaUnited-Online-Inc/Westlake-Village-California-91361/Netzero-a-ka-Juno-aka-United-Online-Inc-ripoff-made-false-promises-ISP-cancelled-servi-19137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero a kaUnited Online, Inc.