Complaint Review: Netzero

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Worth Florida
Netzero
www.netzero.com Charlettesville, Virginia U.S.A.

Netzero Fraudulent, deceptive, money hungry thieves, steal from the poor and pocket the rest. Charlettesville Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Questions...

I purchased netzero as a gift for a friend for Christmas. He didn't want any part of the internet (I can understand why now.), so I returned the disk and spoke to someone and told them that I didn't wish to be billed for the gift as it was refused.

I checked by bank statement in December and there was the charge for Netzero. Again I called, was transferred a few times (they think hurricane victims don't have patience) and I gave the same story three times and was told that it would be corrected.

January's statment came and on 1/5/2009 I again was charged $6.95. As you might expect, I called. Went through the same story and was told it would be refunded.

February's statement just came and on 2/28/2009 I was again charged $6.95. But this time is different. In January I closed out my account and received a new debit card. How did Netzero get my new Visa credit card? I called my banks fraud unit and reported everything. This time the card was totally destroyed. Netzero said that they had already returned my money.

I informed them that I wasn't ignorant nor blind. There is no refund on any of my statements as was also reported by Wachovia. Wachovia had no idea how they got my new visa debit card but guarenteed me to look into it. Seeing as I trust NO ONE anymore, I will be calling the CEO of Wachovia on Monday and the CEO of Visa. Who is stealing numbers? I understand that Florida has the highest identity theft rate, and I can surely attest to that.

Individuals usually go to attorneys. I don't have to go very far as my daughter is a litigating attorney for Greenberg-Traugig. Unfortunately, they probably represent Visa, but there is always a way. That's why G-d made small claims court.

I am so angry, my blood pressure is over 240/200 and if I stroke out my daughter will be filing suit against Netzero, Wachovia and Visa. I think she will overlook any conflict of interest when it comes to her mothers death.

I not only want Netzero to immediately return $20.85 in a check to me, but they can add an additional $500 for all my time it took to do all of this (as a Registered Dietitian I make $65/hr., severe head pain and suffering due to the possible loss of my Social Security. If I went to small claims court it would be $7,500 so they can consider it a real deal. If it doesn't cost companies money, they never learn. Netzero better learn as I saw I wasn't the first to complain, but I better be the last.

Sondra
Lake Worth, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2009 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/Charlettesville-Virginia/Netzero-Fraudulent-deceptive-money-hungry-thieves-steal-from-the-poor-and-pocket-the-re-429477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero

Questions...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Since Netzero is available on free CDs at various stores, exactly what do you mean that you purchased it as a gift and then tried to return it. The only cost for Netzero is if the program is installed on a computer and then someone activates the account. The account can also be cancelled online by whoever set up the account. I'm sorry you're out the money an I hope you get it returned, but your report as written doesn't make sense.