scared

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Netzero
PO Box 3009 Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Netzero United Online Netzero Fraud Keeps Charging my Account after Cancellation. AVOID at all costs Westlake Village California

I cancelled my service in 10/08 since I now have broadband. The Indian Customer Service rep. Kept insisting that I continue with their $4.95 charge for Norton security with the first month being free. I insisted that I did not need this since my new internet service has security. After telling her NO several times, she finally got the point - so I thought. She then recaps by saying that everything has been cancelled and "rest assured" your account will no longer be charged for anything. Today I receive a charge from netzero for $4.95. I immediately called them only to hear them tell me I signed up for their Norton security. I did not sign up for this service! I pleaded with the first lady to stop asking me for it. I was told today that it will take another 30-60 days to credit my account which is BS. After reading all of the reports about netzero, I have no faith in them to actually do the right thing. I'll tell anybody and everybody to stay away from this Company until they go out of Business. I don't know how these people sleep at night. I'm also going to file a complaint with the BBB and with the Texas Attorney General's office in addition to contacting my Credit Card Company for a charge back. When I get through with them, they're going to regret this. A litttle payback sounds good.

Tin star
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/Westlake-Village-California-91359/Netzero-United-Online-Netzero-Fraud-Keeps-Charging-my-Account-after-Cancellation-AVOID-at-396873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero