• Report: #142077

• Submitted: Mon, May 09, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, May 09, 2005

• Reported By:romulus Michigan
Netzero
netzero.com Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Netzero ripoff Westlake Village California

In February 2005 I downloaded a free 30 day trial of netzero internet service. my modem was defective so I wasn't able to dialup then the computer crashed... I never even logged onto netzero once!!!

I tried calling netzero by phone to cancel... only to placed on hold forever and then get disconnected... I then received a bill in march for $14.95 plus my credit card interest fees....I called another phone number a friend found for me, called it, only to be told that I would not be credited for march, because they had no record of me calling to cancel!!!

Well its now May and I was billed again by netzero for April...so this is now 2 months of being billed for a service I have never used... called again this time she says the April one will be credited but it may take up to 60 days, and still I can't get my money back for March because there is no record of me calling. They can check to see that I never even logged on once!!!! I now have a new computer... and the Wonderful AOl for my internet provider, I will never download NETZERO again... I think netzero is a scam and people need to know about it.

Marion
romulus, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/Westlake-Village-California/Netzero-ripoff-Westlake-Village-California-142077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero