Complaint Review: Netzero

• Reported By:sebastopol California
Netzero
netzero.net Internet U.S.A.

Netzero Ads are misleading and Netzero does not honor their promotions Internet

I have been a customer of AOL for YEARS. But realizing Netzero has been an up and coming internet provider, I thought I would take a risk with them. What a huge mistake It took less than two weeks to realize what a crappy ISP company they are.

The company advertises a risk free trial and free technical assistance. When I contacted technical assistance they wanted my credit card number up front, even though I told them I was within my first 30 days. I was informed to contact billing for a refund.

Secondly, the person who was "suppose" to help me spoke very little english and required the tech to repeat themselves 3 times before their instructions could be understood, costing me 3x the amount.

Prior to my 30 days I contacted Netzero to cancel my account, which of course was with difficulty. They still wanted to charge me $9.95 for the first month, even though it was suppose to be risk free.

After a small debate, my money is to be refunded (we'll see). I asked to be reimbursed for my technical service and I was referred to techcharge@support.netzero.com., which apparently is the wrong email address. Whats UP? This has been the most horriffic experience I have ever had with an ISP.

Kim
sebastopol, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2007 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/internet/Netzero-Ads-are-misleading-and-Netzero-does-not-honor-their-promotions-Internet-262921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero