Complaint Review: Netzero

Netzero

Netzero RIPOFF COMPANY, Internet

*Consumer Comment: uncertain

*Consumer Suggestion: Avoid these "Cheap" Nationwide Companies

I bought the netzero 4g hotspot.  I immediately tried to connect with no luck.  There is one tower a couple miles away and there was no connection. After 2 hours of trying I called to return it.  Rosa told me they don't take returns.  After arguing for several minutes she put me on hold for almost 4 minutes.  When she returned she said I would get a FULL refund as long as I returned it to them. I ran out and mailed it back to them with confirmation.  After a month's time I only had a $72.70 refund of my original charge of $129.20.  When I called today regarding the rest of my refund I was told by Irvin that there was a $35.00 restocking fee and no refund on shipping (which apparantly was $21.50 if my math is correct).  So I asked to speak to the supervisor, which was Dave.  After speaking to him he said he agreed that I was not told of the restocking fee but the issue had to go to a review board to decide if I would get the rest of my refund.  So I called American Express and they refunded me the $56.50 and said they would deal with netzero.  I love American Express.  Please don't fall for netzero's lies.  Don't take netzero at face value and do your research so you don't have the problem I had. Such a scam operation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/internet/Netzero-RIPOFF-COMPANY-Internet-885080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero

uncertain

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Read the report. Its my understanding that restock fees are common in the industry as is the client to pay for mail backs. So Unsure how this falls under a scam or rip off. The terms clearly show this in the agreement page I read. I am not an employee, investor or even a subscriber of this service. Just find it "odd" that a person claims ripoff when its the person themself that needs to read the print. And on a side note there IS NO BOARD OF REVIEW at Netzero, Now that part is an outright lie if they said that to you. Gotta say they are being creative in their fib on that one!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Avoid these "Cheap" Nationwide Companies

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

I had NetZero Dial-Up because it was the only service I could get. Customer Service is awful and when I tried to cancel my account, it was nothing but hassles.

I wrote a letter to the head office in California indicating my frustration and intent to seek further action if my credit card was billed beyond the date I attempted to cancel. There is a lot of reports on this site indicating fraudulent billing after consumers cancel. Customer Service agents are trained to do anything to retain a customer even if it is deceptive.

Check out Verizon, I believe their network is decent and the company is well respected by their customers. If I was looking for portable internet, this is where I would go. I tried the service from AT&T and it was much like your complaint, would not connect and customer service was a joke.