Complaint Review: Netzero

• Submitted: Thu, January 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 04, 2007

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Netzero
Woodland Hills, CA Internet U.S.A.

Netzero bills before they say causing cancellation fees that did not previously exist for trial members Internet

I did a Netzero trial for a month, but the service was way too slow for me. If my email box had 20 emails in for example, it would take two days to send, so I decided to cancel my service a week before my trial was up just to be "safe" about it.

When I called to cancel, I was told that I couldn't cancel yet and I would need to call back in a week- January 3rd, the day my trial ended. I called back on January 3rd at around 4:00 pm. They told me that I owed $6.95 for February and a $25 cancellation fee.

They had charged my card for the month of February arbitrarily at 2:45 pm. (2:45 pm was not even relevant to the time I had enrolled a month before). I talked to manager after manager, all of whom tried to sell me new services for a minimum of 15 minutes before even addressing my problem, and still it has not been taking care of, though I plan to make the dispute via my credit card company for lack of a better route.

Holly
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2007 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Netzero/internet/Netzero-bills-before-they-say-causing-cancellation-fees-that-did-not-previously-exist-for-228645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Netzero