• Report: #203877

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 11, 2006

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
New Credit Financial Alternatives
St. Petersburg, Florida St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

New Credit Financial Alternatives New Credit Financial Alternatives Tried To Rip Me Off $300+ Thank Goodness I Was Lucky, They Only Got $35 St. Petersburg Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Give me a break.....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: On behalf or the company

Sometime in May I got a phone call from a really nice lady who was trying to offer me a credit card accepted "everywhere". She said that it was a great way to improve my credit because they reported monthly while most companies only report annually. She said that I would have a $2,500 credit line and that I could borrow up to $1,000 out of an ATM anytime. It would cost me $300 payable over two months out of my checking account. I would like to buy a house in the next couple years and I could use some help so I bit.

They caught me at work and I was in a hurry so I didn't think it through too much. When I thought about it later I got nervous because I know better than to just give out my information over the phone. I waited for my confirmation letter.

I recieved my letter and much to my dismay it was a catalog credit card! I called up customer service to tell them that I didn't want the card anymore. The pompous ***hole on the other end couldn't believe that I didn't want to do all my shopping through catalogs so he hung up on me!!! I called again later and the other man was really nice while he tried to convince me that using a credit card to buy get my son a haircut or buy gas was a horrible idea. Catalog shopping was definitly the way to go. When he finally realized that I really didn't want to catalog shop he became upset and told me that they were taking $35 from me whether I liked it or not and he hung up on me too!!!

In the end I talked to my credit union and they told me that there was nothing they could do except dispute it after they took my money. They are en excellent institution though who apologized and told me to let them know in the future about any calls like that before I agree to their terms.

I feel bad for the other people that I read about who ended up being taken for $300+ because it could've easily been me. These guys are merciless and they don't care who they rip off. Amazing, folks, really. I am a single mother who works hard at two jobs to support my family. They take advantage of people who want better things in their life by making false promises and then stealing their money. I am glad that I learned my lesson and got off cheap but I still worked hard for the money that they stole. I hope that someone reads this before they get ripped off by these scam artists. If I helped one person I will be glad. If there is any information on how to get our money back please post. Thanks for the time you took to read this.

Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Credit-Financial-Alternatives/St-Petersburg-Florida-33708/New-Credit-Financial-Alternatives-New-Credit-Financial-Alternatives-Tried-To-Rip-Me-Off-3-203877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Credit Financial Alternatives

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Give me a break.....

AUTHOR: Hugh - (U.S.A.)

You sell a $600 "credit card" that's only good for buying overpriced goods from your own catalog and you have the gall to question how this web site operates?

I wonder why you have to go to such lengths to play an un-editable tape to people and make them verify on audio tape that they heard and understood the T's and C's? Perhaps because there have been problems with your type of companies in the past? Hmmmm.....

As far as allowing folks access to post here without having their claims checked first, it's a little concept called Freedom of Speech.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

On behalf or the company

AUTHOR: Ncfa - (U.S.A.)

On behalf of the company I would like to say that no one is ripped off, people only hear and believe what they want even if truth isn't what they want to hear. We have extensive process of opening all new accounts.

1. sales rep explains all information including all fee's to the consumer
2. Verification prerecorded message (done by 3rd party, which is UN-editable, UN-alterable) states all terms and condition, states that THIS IS NOT A VISA, MasterCard, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS OR ANY OTHER MAJOR BANK CARD, that this is a CATALOG CARD.
3. Verifier asks the consumer if everything was heard on pre-recorded message was CLEAR, UNDERSTANDABLE, WITH OUT ANY NOISES OR INTERRUPTIONS, and get's full authorization to debit the consumer.
4. another person in another location listens to EACH and EVERY recording before releasing it in a computer for debit.

HOW can any one claim that they have been ripped off?

Here is HOW: there are customers who are trying to get something for nothing, and there are customers that are NEVER happy, no matter what it is.

We maintain less then 1% of un-satified customers and there is nothing we can do to satisfy someone who is out to get something for nothing. PERIOD.

For example, check out complaints on the following companies. every one trusts them, they are blue chip companies.

that is only few to mention.. go a head and run your favorite national chain store or business that you are happily doing business with, buying products or services, and you will be surprised that most of them have un-happy customers.. people like you should say: SHAME ON YOU - RIP OFF REPORT FOR NOT VALIDATING ANY COMPLAINTS AND NOT TAKE THEM OFF THE SYSTEM WHEN THEY ARE FRIVOLOUS