Complaint Review: New Dawn - Midara - Tek

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Warren Ohio
New Dawn - Midara - Tek
- Columbus Youngstown, Ohio U.S.A.

New Dawn - Midara - Tek Complete Rip Offs....Don't get sucked in!!! Columbus & Youngstown Ohio

I just graduated from college and was looking to re-locate to the Columbus area. I did the typical thing and put my resume on all the sites I could and applied to different positions that I thought sounded really promising. When I got my first call from Tek, I was really excited. I got up at 5:00 in the morning, drove all the way to Columbus (3 hrs. there and back) and had my initial interview. It sounded so promising and the lady there made me think that I was a shoe in and to come back the following monday for the "second round" of interviews. That second round (which I drove 3 hrs. Again!!) was nothing but sitting in front of a wallgreens trying to get people to buy "entertainment books".

Apparently I got the good one because the rest of the people there had to go to a small neighborhood and sell them door to door. There is not really any movement in the company and you have to pay for everything. Sure you get a good tax break if you keep All your receipts!! Plus it is strictly commission!! They don't tell you that either.

Next I decided to look near home. I had been getting e-mails from New Dawn Distribution for various job openings and usually just ignored them. I was looking in the paper and saw an advertising company that was filling a managerial position. Right up my alley!! I called the number and it was New Dawn. Sneaky they were. I decided to go for the hell of it and Surprise...it was the same thing! A little different because it was all business to business, but it was commission and you paid for everything again!! My first two interviews were a complete bust!! And not because I made them that way, but because I was getting scammed to do a job that I could have done without going to college for 6 years!

A week after all of this I got a call from Madira, they wanted me to come down to Columbus for an interview. This time I didn't tell them I was at their beck and call. I told them the earliest I could do it would be the following monday. They told me to call back when they had their schedule figured out. If it wasn't for this site I would have been driving my happy ass back down there again for another end of the road interview.

The advice I can give you is to make complete sure you know what you're getting into before you go there. Research the web. Anything you can scoop up on these marketing/sales agencies will only help you and save you a lot of time and money at that!!

College grad.
Warren, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Dawn-Midara-Tek/Columbus-Youngstown-Ohio-44512/New-Dawn-Midara-Tek-Complete-Rip-OffsDont-get-sucked-in-Columbus-Youngstown-369590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Dawn - Midara - Tek