• Report: #720584

Complaint Review: New England Mint

• Submitted: Thu, April 21, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: Ossie in Chino Hills, CA — 91709 California United States of America
New England Mint

New England Mint My husband attempted to place a 10.00 order, which ended up being 99.00, Internet

My husband attempted to order 2.00 bills off of a TV commercial.  The cost was 10.00 plus shipping and handling.  By the time my husband went through their automated system, the order price was 99.00.

I attempted to call them back right away, with no luck.  No one to talk to, only press this key or that key.  I looked up a number on the internet and tried to call with no luck.  They were closed .

I called bright and early on Monday morning and talked to a gentleman and told him my complaint, and he basically said they was nothing they could do.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me they will tell you the same thing. I did talk to a supervisor and told her I needed to cancel my order. She took my info and said she would call me back.  Fat chance, she never did.  I called the next day and was transferred to a supervisor's voice mail with the same results, no call back.  I checked my account today, and the 99.00 came out along with a 26.00 overdraft fee.

I have seen other complaints against this company, and I am so afraid they will continue to take money out each month.

I would like my money back, along with the overdraft fee of $26.00.

I think the automated system is purposely set up to confuse people into agreeing to things they don't want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-England-Mint/internet/New-England-Mint-My-husband-attempted-to-place-a-1000-order-which-ended-up-being-9900-720584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New England Mint