Complaint Review: New England School of Metalworking

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Master peace officer — Rockwall Texas United States of America
New England School of Metalworking
7 Albiston Way Auburn, Maine United States of America

New England School of Metalworking No integrity, Unethical practice Auburn, Maine

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Issues with NESM

This "school" offers classes for ABS knife and black smithing courses. You can't register or pay online and it says to print off a form and mail in a tuition check. Nothing about call in and we can register you over the phone making the whole sending in a check thing useless. There are a limited number of students per class and they post if a class is full or open. I sent in my tuition check (you can't pay on line like I wanted to.) after checking to make sure the course was open. I sent in a check in Jan for a course in June. A week AFTER my check was sent I got an e-mail saying someone called in and registered by phone the same day the got my check that was Post marked A WEEK BEFORE THIS PERSON CALLED. I then get an e- mail saying because he called in the same day they gave the last opening to him even though I sent my check in good faith a week earlier.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I missed the class before and so I sent in early to be able to escape the Tx 105 degree summer heat to go to this class. They said I could attend the nov. class which was 10 months away.
I don't think I have ever been so upset in my life. I have been a cop for over 16 years and I could not believe they would not honor the fact I sent mine a week earlier and this person calls in and gets the last slot. If I had known I could register by phone I would have. You can't pay on the web but you can call in? Why the hell would you print off the form and send a check? It makes no Damn sense. You could be the first one to send the tuition and if a few call in then your just out of luck
This company has ZERO INTEGRITY! The attitude was like you can try again in nov. even though it is almost a year later! I'm a 260 pound weight lifter and second degree black belt in Kempo and it took every fiber in me not
to take a trip up there for a "meeting".
I would hope at least a few people reading this would stay away from a business that has no more integrity or common sense then this place does.
I have talked to everyone I know to see if I had the wrong opinion and it has been the opinion of every person I talk to that I got screwed and they couldn't believe that they wouldn't honor the post mark to show I in good faith registered first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-England-School-of-Metalworking/Auburn-Maine-04210/New-England-School-of-Metalworking-No-integrity-Unethical-practice-Auburn-Maine-1001592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New England School of Metalworking

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Issues with NESM

AUTHOR: Nick - ()

First of all, I am sorry that you had issues with our enrollment process.

You are correct in your statement that you can't enroll online. It is something that we hope to change in the future.

You are incorrect in stating that you cannot enroll over the phone. It states clearly on the enrollment page on our website (http://www.newenglandschoolofmetalwork.com/enroll.php) that you can also enroll over the phone. Because our classes do fill so quickly, if a student wishes to send a check, they typically call ahead and let us know that payment is en route. Otherwise, we have to honor the students that get payment to us first.

We were sure to add the suggestion to call ahead if sending a check to our enrollment information after you had your experience.

I do take issue with your statement that we have "no integrity". We have been providing some of the world's best blacksmithing, bladesmithing and welding classes in the world since 2000. We are one of three approved training facilities for the American Bladesmith Society and are and official educational member of the Artists Blacksmith's Association of North America. We take student and instructor feedback very seriously and pride ourselves in providing the most productive and safest learning environment possible.

I am glad that you decided to enroll in the November class with Mike Williams. He is a fantastic instructor. Please refrain from using any of your Kempo moves on us when you come up to Maine.