• Report: #401977

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:nottingham New Hampshire
New Hampshire Federal Credit Union
70 Airport Road Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 603-224-7731
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

New Hampshire Federal Credit Union attempt to force pre-payment of home equity loan Condord new hampshire

WARNING about NH Federal Credit Union

In September my house burned to the ground. The insurance company informed me pointedly that no bank or mortgage company has the legal right to coerce me to pay off a mortgage or home-equity loan due to a fire. I would like to warn the public about the harassment and abuse that I have experienced from NHFCU, in an illegal effort to force me to pre-pay a relatively small loan that I had with them.

The afternoon before Thanksgiving, they suddenly FROZE MY ASSETS, leaving me unable to buy food or gas and basically stranded for the holiday weekend. Now they are getting lawyers to write me letters, and I am having to spend my time contacting the Banking Commission and getting my own lawyer to fight a legal battle with them. They are perfectly aware that they have no legal basis for this.

I had been doing business with this bank since I was a UNH student in the 1980's, and my credit rating is 792. Please be careful where you bank, and think carefully before you enter into any kind of a loan with this credit union. Don't let the smiley-faces at the local branch mislead you about what sort of institution this really is.

Outraged
nottingham, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Hampshire-Federal-Credit-Union/nationwide/New-Hampshire-Federal-Credit-Union-attempt-to-force-pre-payment-of-home-equity-loan-Condor-401977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Hampshire Federal Credit Union