Two affiliated companies are working together to ripoff trusting individuals. This happened to my daughter and son-in-law as well as many other individuals. All of their actions appear to be legal since they have a button labeled Submit and Accept Terms.
To inform others, I am documenting the background and current status of their dealings with these companies.
My information was gathered through interview with my daughter and research as I went to both websites and followed through without pressing the final submit buttons.
New Healthy Savings can come into your life through at least two avenues: 1. by going directly to their web site at newhealthysavings.com, 2. by going to freemusicoutletonline.com.
The primary offender is through freemusicoutletonline.com. There you will be offered an opportunity to get free music online for $1 dollar a month. They will charge you a nonrefundable $48 immediately.
They also automatically select a 30 day no obligation free trial to the New Healthy Savings discount membership program where you will receive 10 - 50% on everyday medical needs. If you do not cancel within 30 days you will be billed $79.95 per month. The print is very small and you must deselect this option. The details of the no obligation free trial are captured in TERMS and CONDITIONS.
If you make a call cancelling, don't expect to have the billing stop, receive your promised refund or get anything in writing. They do record the discussion and can tell you when you called previously, but they profess that they are having technical problems and that they are only a "Help Desk".
If you ask for a manager you may be referred to the supervisor which you can only reach via firstname.lastname@example.org where they indicate you will get a reply within 24 or 48 hours. Make sure you request the Customer ID# and include it in your e-mail.
My daughter did speak with a supervisor who provided the name Rocky Spencer. Rocky says you can ask for him M-F, between 9-5 Eastern Time and that they are located in New York.
There are TERMS and CONDITIONS which are accepted when you do a submit of your mailing address and phone numbers, Birthdate and Gender at the freemusicoutletonline site.
The TERMS and CONDITIONS are hard to read as there is only a 73 space by four line window to read the information. I had to copy and paste to another document in order to have a copy to print. They do clearly document the ripoff you are signing up to if you read everything carefully. I am inserting it here:
You are about to register for one of the hottest sites on the internet!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Clicking the "submit & accept terms" button certifies that you have read and agree to these terms:
TERMS: Accepting the terms indicates an authorization to purchase a 4 year membership to this site for $1 per month. A total of $48 will be immediately charged to your card upon accepting these terms.
- You may not use or distribute any of the Software that include representations of identifiable individuals, governments, logos, initials, emblems, trademarks, or entities for any commercial purposes or to express or imply any endorsement or association with any product, service, entity, or activity.
- The purpose of this site is to provide information about where several programs may be found to help disseminate public domain songs, movies, and shareware software. Some copyrighted material may be found on these programs. FreeMusicOutletOnline.com does not condone the illegal copying or distribution of copyrighted materials. Please check the local, state and national laws in your area regarding proper use of copyrighted materials.
- You must indemnify, hold harmless, and defend FreeMusicOutletOnline.com from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise from or result from the use or distribution of software as modified by you or if you download copyrighted or otherwise protected material.
- FreeMusicOutletOnline.com respects the rights of artists and film companies, and the proper use of the software does not violate those rights. You may not download copyrighted songs, movies, software or other materials available through the programs offered on FreeMusicOutletOnline.com.
- Downloading copyright protected material without the prior written consent of the owner is forbidden. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are downloading public domain materials or that you have been granted proper authority to download copyrighteded materials. Please check your local, state and national laws to determine what you can legally download in your area.
NEW HEALTHY SAVINGS TRIAL: Our website is an affiliate of New Healthy Savings. If you accept the trial you will be sent membership cards in the mail. Your thirty day trial begins immediately, irregardless of when cards are received. If you do not call to cancel within thirty days you will be billed at a rate of 79.95 per month for your membership until you decide to cancel. Sample benefits of the various programs offered by New Healthy Savings can be found at newhealthysavings.com. The actual benefits you will receive will be listed in the packet you receive by mail.
BILLING: The billing company used by both this site and new healthy savings will show up on your statement as sgada.com. For all questions or cancellation requests please contact the phone number on your credit card bill on the same line as our billing descriptor. You must allow at least three days for cancellation to take effect.
Please note that due to the nature of internet downloads it is impossible for us to offer refunds. The costs of maintaining the site, benefits and member databases are high. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Welcome, to one of the hottest sites on the net!
- The FreeMusicOutletOnline.com staff!
They have promised to refund the money billed for the New Health Savings Program but indicated they cannot offer a refund for the $48 four years of free music downloads. All of their actions appear to be legal since their acceptance button is labeled Submit and Accept Terms.
This report will be updated in 30 days.