Complaint Review: New Healthy Savings

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
New Healthy Savings
Nationwide U.S.A.

New Healthy Savings ripoff through music download offer Nationwide

I signed up for a 99 cent per month music download service in April 2005. I June I discovered that I was being charged $49.95 a month for something called New Healthy Savings.

I caled them to find out what was going on ( no toll-free number, big surprise) and was given a vague explanation that I had been to "a music website" the name of which was not specified, and that I had "requested information about New Healthy Savings' service.

I told them this was not true and even if I had requested info I certainly never authorized them to start charging my debit card. I was finally told I would be given a FULL REFUND of the 3 months they had charged me within 2 weeks. A few days later I swa that $48 had been credited back to my card.

I called and asked where the other $98.90 was. They said give it another 2 weeks. I waited about 3 weeks and nothing. I called again and was told if I would email supporta supervisor wlould expedite my refund. A week or so later - no refund.

I called and was told the supervisors had not been getting their emails. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there was none there. I challenged that and was then told the person I was speaking to was a supervisig representative.

I said that they should ave the authority to refund my money, but of course she said she didn't and would I please send the email again. I told her I would and would also contact the BBB and my state attorney general.

Today I got an emailsaying I couldn't get a refund and that it was stated in the "terms to which I had agreed" which do not even exist, since I never agreed to anything but 99 cent music downloads.

Thomas
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2005 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Healthy-Savings/nationwide/New-Healthy-Savings-ripoff-through-music-download-offer-Nationwide-153094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Healthy Savings