Complaint Review: New Home Moving and Storage

• Reported By: John V — Edmonds Washington United States of America
New Home Moving and Storage
840 Gateway Dr San Mateo, California United States of America

New Home Moving and Storage Fraud Harassment Theft San Mateo, California

My mom and I were relocating to Washington from California and she hired the company: http://www.newhomemovingandstorage.com/ to handle the move. Everything went well, the two guys who packed and moved everything were very courteous and professional. Well, plans changed, and we had to hold off moving to Washington for a couple of weeks and we had them drop everything off at my sister's house (in California), no big deal, they still got paid, right? Well, after they had left and I had time to go through all the boxes, I noticed a box missing, this box contained all my DVDs, CDs, computer games and software, programming books, some random bits of computer hardware (and my Voodoo3 3000! sob!), while the overall value of the items in the box couldn't of been that high (less than $1000), there were a lot of items that held significant sentimental value to myself. Now, I was never presented with a bill of landing (read: inventory) to review and sign, biggest mistake I could have made was not ask for one.

After numerous calls to their claims department, we were finally told they would file a claim with their insurance and it would take up to 45 days to process, fair enough, so we waited. Today we call to make an inquery about our claim, as it has been sometime since we had heard from them, they then told us a claim will take up to 90 days, um, what? So we bring up the original time frame of 45 days and the claims representative dropped this bomb on us: they believe the box is a complete fabrication and an attempt to extort money from their company, they tell my mother that she signed the bill of delivery (note: SHE WASN'T THERE WHEN THEY CAME), then they changed the story to I had signed the B.O.L., when questioned about the name signed, they couldn't produce one. You see, my mom had taken care of all the business with these people and they never had my name, there is no way they could know my name, and they don't, they are full of it.

It was at this point I decided to post a review here (http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-home-moving-and-storage-san-mateo#hrid:yjYmGwP1LUyPawvOZYypSw), shortly afterwards we received a call from them, giving us this ultimatum: remove the bad yelp review and they will go forward with the claim or they will cancel it, "fuck it lady", said the guy. I have no reason to remove this review, as I have no faith that these people will actually follow through with their claim, nor do I feel like being bullied over MY lost items, items they lost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage/San-Mateo-California-94404/New-Home-Moving-and-Storage-Fraud-Harassment-Theft-San-Mateo-California-1004997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Home Moving and Storage