Socialist

• Reported By: Melissa — West Hollywood California
New Home Storage and Moving
840 Gateway Drive San Mateo, California United States of America

New Home Storage and Moving Bait and Switch! Watch out! San Mateo , California

I contacted New Home after being referred by Billy.com an online service. I got a great deal! $890 to move all my things from a studio apartment to my parents home in Tennessee! I even signed an online contract to lock in the price, minus an $85 deposit.

The move was scheduled, and then the trouble began.  The movers arrived in a dilapidated truck, complete with graffiti on the side, and movers that didn't know or care what I was telling them. They came in, scared my cat, and promptly went back out of the apartment, claiming that my boxes were "unsanitary". I just bought these boxes at Box Bros! They were new.
Anyway, the head mover approached me and asked me to sign another contract. I told him that I had already signed a contract online, but he said it needed to be "amended". Here's where they tried to get me:

They claimed that I had 3000 pounds of furniture, ( 1200 at most!!) and that they would have to charge me extra for the weight and the distance.

They had already gone through this when they gave me my estimate! I was very clear about how much I had and what I wanted! They wanted $2400 to start, $1300 down. I don't know about you, but I don't have $1300 lying around, so I told them no. '

I still haven't gotten my deposit back, and don't know if I ever will. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Home-Storage-and-Moving/San-Mateo-California-94404/New-Home-Storage-and-Moving-Bait-and-Switch-Watch-out-San-Mateo-California-1041627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Home Storage and Moving