Complaint Review: New Horizons Computer Learning Center

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: anonynous — Bushkill Pennsylvania United States of America
New Horizons Computer Learning Center
100 Broadhead Rd., Ste. 120; Bethlehem, PA 18017 Internet United States of America

New Horizons Computer Learning Center Deceptive Recuiting Tactics, Fraudulent Billing, etc. , Internet

I would like to warn anyone who has been recuited by New Horizons Computer Learning Center to beware. I was recuited by them years ago. I had to write/email/fax/phonecall: ABC Consumer Hotline, CBS ON YOUR SIDE, BBB OF PA, Dept. of Education in PA to be released from a government student loan of $29,000.00. I was promised a job local to the vicinity of Bethlehem, PA while I retrained myself as Network Administrator. I never was given a job by them and I had a nightmare of a time getting out of that loan! I was working in NJ full time, but was assured that I could work out the logistics of work and school. It all was dependent on my living, working, and going to school IN THE SAME STATE! The recuiter, made promises he could not keep. The distances involved and traffic 72 miles to my job in NJ at the time, then 60+ miles to Bethlehem, PA, then another 50-60 miles back to my residence was logistically impossible! It was like driving a giant triange geographically on a map! They also double billed me with addresses in a city I never was a resident in (Camden, NJ; I only did roof construction while in college, never lived there) and in PA. This double billing got the attention the USPS Postmaster in PA and the USPS postal police.  You had to attend classes at least twice/wk and have a secure internet connection(I only had dial-up then). It was too much driving in traffic that was bumper to bumper at times, unpredictable (accidents) and you had to have a reliable car. I had already work in two state briefly for Wegman's and Walmart and the same time and my car couldn't make it (both manual labor jobs too!). I also was made to pay $400 after a ruling by PA Dept. of Education for a early cancellation fee FROM A STUDENT HANDBOOK THAT I NEVER WAS GIVEN BECAUSE I NEVER WENT TO ANY CLASSES! Watch out for that organization! I never saw anyone in the classes either after going there twice (suspicious).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Horizons-Computer-Learning-Center/internet/New-Horizons-Computer-Learning-Center-Deceptive-Recuiting-Tactics-Fraudulent-Billing-et-1017583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Horizons Computer Learning Center

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC