- Report: #1010530
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: New Horizons
New Horizons200 W Monroe St #900 Chicago, Illinois United States of America
New Horizons Rip Off, Scam, Crooks, Lousy Education, No Hands On, All Video, No way to learn!! Chicago, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
WHY? (Good question)
1. There is literally no hands on! If you are a beginner, green, little or no training in computer hardware/software , THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!! Find a school or a series of classes somewhere that actually has equipment to touch, to connect, to look at, feel, and discuss! Power Points and some instructor just blabbing does nothing!! The "Mentored" Learning Lab is nothing more than some person sitting at the front of the room while you sit in front of a screen watching streaming video off of a server with some overweight woman talk about stuff, trying to explain her business, IT, technology, clearly reading off of a teleprompter in a very poor way!! It will put you to sleep and give you very little substance to actually learn from. When did you ever learn by just watching or reading anything and become good at it? NEVER! The school of life means HANDS ON LEARNING AND DOING!! Find a school that offers that.
-Visit this school, sit in on a class, check it out before you sign up for it, TRUST ME after $20,000.00 spent....... Do the legwork and don't listen to some bozo sales person who gets commission based on the sale!! It is the worst money making scam that is "Legal" out there...
2. There is no "Deadline", per se, at this school. It is a bottomless pit. They do no follow up to check on you or your progress, it is about making money! The owners of this/these drives at least one Ferrari and I believe has a collection. The sales people are relentless in trying to get business by roping in "Students" and getting them to pay large sums of money for a terrible terrible education, if you care to even call it that. Look at the cost versus quality of education there... CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF! Visit, see the sterile, dead classrooms full of lifelessness. Draw your own conclusions!
3. There is NO WAY to learn A+, Net+, Security+, CISCO, MCIPT, Adobe, MS Office, or any other technology in a day or up to a week, no way!! Not only is that impossible but there is absolutely no way you are going to get any decent job just by finishing the classes, you have to TAKE THE TESTS TOO! The tests are tough and, if you have little or no EXPERIENCE either, you will NOT GET ANY DECENT JOB! That is why NEW HORIZONS GUARANTEES NOTHING!! Take a class, finish the class and you get a little silly printout celebrating class completion, that is it.... If you take an Adobe Flash class, Level 1 for example, you sit in for one less than eight hour day and THAT IS IT! There are really no assignments or tests of your skills through this day! The teacher reads from the instructor manual wrote and brings nothing much. You get a book, you listen hurriedly through the day and that is it! Good luck, you are now on your own!! Can you learn that way?! I think not. Check it out for yourself....
4. NEW HORIZONS takes your hard earned money from you! Either by credit card, loan or whatever means and may leave you with NOTHING!! In the "Classrooms" at New Horizons I have seen many bored people playing online, looking at Facebook or doing anything other than looking at or listening to the horrible videos found online through the streaming servers.
5. DO Check out the schools in Chicago/Rosemont or wherever. Do see for yourself, Do make your own choices and decisions based on what you see and feel. Do take your time, don't sign or agree to anything until you really check it out! DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY THERE!! "AWARD WINNING"?!? MY A$$ it is!!
6. Good luck to you in your personal and professional growth! I, personally, wish you as good a life journey as you are able to have! Keep on truckin'!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Horizons/Chicago-Illinois-60606/New-Horizons-Rip-Off-Scam-Crooks-Lousy-Education-No-Hands-On-All-Video-No-way-to-le-1010530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.