Complaint Review: New IT, Ltd

• Reported By: Rick — Lawrence Kansas United States of America
New IT, Ltd

New IT, Ltd Theft by stealth account charges PayPal Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It is not New IT Ltd

Recently, I learned that New IT, Ltd had been charging my Pay Pal account about $10.00 per month for the last year. Since I don't normally use Pay Pal, it's not something I check often. While I did subscribe to their service earlier this month, a pure coincidence, I have never subscribed to it prior to that and I certainly would not have authorized a $10.00 monthly premium. The service I subscribed to earlier this month was a "free" application download through the Android market. There is no mention of an automatic subsrciption for the download that I saw.

I contacted Pay Pal who initiated an investigation, but couldn't tell me much about who was charging my account.

When I contacted New IT, they first told me that I had "subscribed" a year ago, which I never did. The first time I became aware of their service was when someone sent me a file to download using their application. They stated that their "terms and conditions" authorized them to charge my account. I consider this to be either a stealth charge or outright theft and the fact that I never received any sort of confirmation of payments made suggests that hidden subscriptions are the center of gravity for their business model.

They finally issued me a partial refund for the final two months of "service," even though I'd never actually used the service over the previous year (I didn't even purchase my smartphone until a month and half after the subscription began). I told them I wanted a full refund. Their answer was that they "can't."

This company does not employ an ethical business model or practice. At best, they prey on unsuspecting "subscribers." At worst, they're stealing money through hidden account charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-IT-Ltd/internet/New-IT-Ltd-Theft-by-stealth-account-charges-PayPal-Internet-803627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New IT, Ltd

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It is not New IT Ltd

AUTHOR: New IT - (United Kingdom)

Would like to point out that the name showing on customers bills "New IT Ltd" is not the name of the company that has the direct debit setup.
The company is 4shared.com, they use PayPal as their merchant gateway for processing payments, and for some reason PayPal allow them to use our company name as a billing referance.  We are disputing this with PayPal to avoid further customers of 4shared being confussed and contacting us about these charges.

To contact them:
Contact Email: Support@4shared.com
Contact Phone: +357 7815831454

As can be seen a different domain to the REAL New IT Ltd, which do not have a monthly charging service, we sell hardware, therefore a one off payment.

Hope this may help people in the future.