Complaint Review: New Line Equity, Aka Newlineequity.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 11, 2009

• Reported By:Hartford Connecticut
New Line Equity, Aka Newlineequity.com
1201 Lawton St, Nationwide U.S.A.

New Line Equity, Newlineequity.com sent $40 invoice via PayPal for services never requested! San Francisco California

Just like a previous poster, I was looking for RENTAL properties in California (Craigslist), and was contacted vie email by a Belinda. Her email was completely generic, not addressed to me in person, and asking me to sign up at newlineequity.com so that I can see photos of her house.

I responded by telling her that first off, I would need to know what property she is referring to as I was not aware of ever contacting her. Then I checked out the website and realized she just wanted to get me to pay $40 for services I don't need. (We are not interested in buying anything, we are just renting, and I didn't need any further listings.)

Then I forgot about it, and now, two months later, I get an email from a "Daniel Date" at daniel@newlineequity.com and it looks like a VERY official invoice from PayPal, asking me to pay the $40! What??? So I immediately called the phone number provided and - of course - the call could not be completed as dialed...

Be aware of these people, no matter what other posters here said! A business that contacts random people on Craigslist, pretending they have a property for you to see, and then sends you a $40 invoice for services never requested or rendered, obviously uses unethical business practices and therefore should not be frequented.

Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Line-Equity-Aka-Newlineequitycom/nationwide/New-Line-Equity-Newlineequitycom-sent-40-invoice-via-PayPal-for-services-never-requeste-468524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Line Equity, Aka Newlineequity.com