Complaint Review: New Orleans West KOA Kampground

• Submitted: Mon, May 26, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2003

• Reported By:Breaux Bridge Louisiana
New Orleans West KOA Kampground
11129 Jefferson Hwy River Ridge, Louisiana U.S.A.

New Orleans West KOA Kampground MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY abused & mistreated River Ridge Louisiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Try one of the state parks

05/26/03 We made a verbal reservation on the phone, stopped in while in town to confirm reservations, met Mr. Dick, greeted, told my situation in reference to bus size, pulling vehicle 30 day stay, etc.

Was told we would have the best spot in the rear corner under some trees, enough room for a 40ft. bus and vehicle to park.

Arrived on 05/26, paid by credit cards, electric, rent and was forced to buy a club membership through KOA if we were to stay, I showed him in the brochure I could not get the discounts because of weekly or monthly stays, I did not wish to purchase the card but was told you must or your not welcome to stay here!

Dick said this is his rules! So we did. Drove to our camp site and was discouraged to see the pot holes in the road, dips in the street, busted up roadway, cement pad for bus was all broken up cement unleveled, small spot not adequate enough to accept a 40ft. bus nor park the vehicle I was pulling. Tried to talk with Dick, was told to hit the highway! Asked for another spot, I was told to hit the road. Several spots were empty. He demanded us to park our bus on the highway and walk in to get my refunds. Was disappointed in the way we were treated after driving hundreds of miles and having no were to spend the night. Poor business management, verbally abusive to customer, just because he is the only camp site around doesn't make him the monopoly over campgrounds.

Marcus
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2003 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Orleans-West-KOA-Kampground/River-Ridge-Louisiana-70123/New-Orleans-West-KOA-Kampground-MY-WAY-OR-THE-HIGHWAY-abused-mistreated-River-Ridge-Loui-58453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Orleans West KOA Kampground

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try one of the state parks

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

There is a really nice one on the Westbank of New Orleans. I've seen people with 40 footers there with no problems.