Complaint Review: New River Subscription Service

• Submitted: Fri, September 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By:Ashland Wisconsin
New River Subscription Service
3055 Riner Road Suite 105 Christiansburg, Virginia U.S.A.

New River Subscription Service , Crown Super Cleaner drug users, liars, rapists Christiansburg Virginia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NRSS HATE THEM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i loved that job!

When I was 21 years old, I was "recruited" to work for NRSS. I was told that I would make so much money each day and that room and board would be free. What I did not know was that every single one of the people they had working there were drug-addicts, alchoholics, juvinile delinquents, runaways, etc.

I hadn't been with them for more than a few days and one night, a group of young people were drinking as usual and smoking pot and I was there. At first I didn't want to drink or anything but you know how peer pressure is. Well, before I knew it, I was drunk and in bed with some guy that I didn't know.

He had taken advantage of me while I was "out of it" and I don't even know if he was the only one. New River Subscription Service is a FRAUD! The "managers" don't care who they hire and they encourage this kind of behavior by participating in it themselves.

The "recruits" are told to "canvas" the customers, making them feel bad if they do not purchase something from you. You do not make any money and if you don't get any orders you don't get to eat. It is an abusive company!

I hope that this will help others to see that it is important to be careful of who you trust! I had heard quite a few reports of people being murdered, raped, left behind, etc. It can happen to anyone. Don't let anyone who claims to be selling magazines, inside your homes.

Jennifer
Ashland, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2006 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-River-Subscription-Service/Christiansburg-Virginia-24073/New-River-Subscription-Service-Crown-Super-Cleaner-drug-users-liars-rapists-Christians-212293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New River Subscription Service

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

NRSS HATE THEM

AUTHOR: sonya76 - ()

I worked for them in the mid 90's, they recuited me from GA. I was promised lots of money and respect. All i got from them was BS and offered drugs and beer, budwieser to be exact. I met Jay Compton, a long time employee, unknowing to me, he was the worst one there. He toke full advantage of me, i'll put it this way, he has a 17 yr old son. The owners fired me, sent me home from Mississppi back to GA with nothing but gave him a raise.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

i loved that job!

AUTHOR: Leslie - (United States of America)

Back in the late 90's i worked nrss. I loved that job. Not everyone that worked for them was a delinquent or a drunk or drug addict. I sure wasn't!! I worked for them for 2 yrs. After blowing all my money at xmas a couple months later i left the road and went home. About 30 days later i got a check in the mail for almost 3 grand. I loved terry and Teresa. Miss u guys.