Complaint Review: New Sub Service/Synapse

• Submitted: Fri, July 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:Winona Lake Indiana
New Sub Service/Synapse
222 Highbridge Stampford, Connecticut U.S.A.

New Sub Service/Synapse Provides bogus telephone number for cancellation of free subscriptions Stampford Connecticut

As the result of taking a survey I was offered four free magazine subscriptions. Several months latter when I tried to cancel the subscriptions the number I was give turned out to be bogus. The bogus number (1-800-321-6246) was an invitation to talk to other women around the country and gave another phone number.

I called one of the magazines (Country Living) and was told that they could not cancel my subscription. The Country Living Representative gave me the correct phone number for New Sub.

The correct number for New Sub is: 877-210-0582
This number is DIFFERENT from any number I have read anywhere.

If you call this number and wait through the automated message while saying nothing and pushing no buttons, you will eventually get a real person. You will have to wait while the messages cycle through about three times.

I cancelled my subscriptions with New Sub today and will call back in a few days to make sure that the were really cancelled. I also asked for the operator's name and got a confirmation number.

I will try to remember to update this report to let and fellow sufferers know if I really managed to cancel my subscriptions.

Bookdiva
Winona Lake, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2009 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Sub-ServiceSynapse/Stampford-Connecticut-06905/New-Sub-ServiceSynapse-Provides-bogus-telephone-number-for-cancellation-of-free-subscript-470705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Sub Service/Synapse