Complaint Review: New Vitality

• Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: Ed — American Fork Utah United States of America
New Vitality
260 Smith Street, Farmingdale, NY 11735 Internet United States of America

New Vitality Ageless Male Terrible, terrible product. Caused my kidneys to bleed, and severe pain. Company didn't stop charging and shipping. Even after I cancelled. Cost me $1200+ in medical bills, what a rip-off. Internet

*General Comment: Should have done

Started taking Ageless Male, within three days notice severe pain in my right kidney.  Stopped taking pills, pain went away the next day.
I started taking them again, and severe pain started up again.  I stopped taking them and went to my doctor.  He did an ultrasound and noticed that my right kidney was bleeding.  He said to stop the pills now, and do not take them again.

I called the company and cancelled my account.  In the meantime I received a second order, and charges.  I called and had them research my account to see why they are still sending me pills and charging my account.

I had sent the pills back, thankfully I had a return receipt request on the orders.  New Vitality has insisted that I did not return the pills so they were not obligated to stop or refund money.  I gave them the mail receipt numbers, and forced them to concede that they did in fact receive the returned pills as I said.  They were rude, and uncooperative, and didn't want to give a refund.

They received the pills on the 9th of Aug, 2012.  And they kept telling me that it takes 4-5 days to issue a refund.  I called on the 20th of Aug and asked why a refund hadn't been made.  I was told by Cust Service Rep Shawn Cameron that it takes 4-5 days to issue a return.  I asked her what day it was and she said that it was the 20th of Aug.  I asked her how many days has it been since they received the package from me and she said 11 days.  I simply asked then where is my refund.  She said to give them another week, and if it isn't in then, give them another.  Then call back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Vitality/internet/New-Vitality-Ageless-Male-Terrible-terrible-product-Caused-my-kidneys-to-bleed-and-se-931049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Vitality

#1 General Comment

Should have done

AUTHOR: nett67 - (United States of America)

If the product was the direct cause of your kidneys bleeding then you should call customer service back and tell them, they have policies that they follow with a severe product reaction like that. Just let them know and they would have taken the appropriate steps.

As for your refund, if you have the tracking/insurance/receipt number from where you PURCHASED this at your local post office, then call them back, and if its been past the 3-7 business day timeline then they should be able to give you half of it back. when you only have a handfull of people processing the returns for quite a few products, they can get backed up.