Complaint Review: New Vitality

• Submitted: Tue, September 20, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: Smith — PROVO Utah United States of America
260 Smith Street Farmingdale, NY 11735 Internet United States of America

New Vitality Ageless Male When you place an order with New Vitality they instantly place your account into "auto order" and automatically debit your account for future orders. In no way did I give them permission to auto month Internet

*Consumer Comment: automatic billing

*Consumer Suggestion: HOMEBREW

*General Comment: Ageless male

*Consumer Comment: trying ageless male

*Consumer Comment: website email

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Former Employee POV

*Consumer Comment: auto order comment

*Consumer Comment: Ageless Male LOL!

*Consumer Comment: Comment

*Consumer Comment: AGREE WITH MOST OF THE COMPLAIN RUDE

*Consumer Comment: Proving you are not a scam

*Consumer Comment: Proving you are not a scam

*General Comment: The Customer That Got Away

*Consumer Comment: Disgusting Advertising

*Consumer Comment: Smith

*UPDATE Employee: New Vitality

I placed an order with New Vitality for Ageless Male. I did not know that they instantly placed my account on auto order for future supplements. They assumed that I would want more of their product and they would debit my account on a monthly basis. They place ALL orders on auto order with the expectation of debiting your account the following month. This was never made aware to me when I placed the order, and there is no option for auto ordering when you place the order. The most maddening thing about this experience is when I called customer service, I received an answering machine telling me to leave a message and a customer service representative  would return my call...of course they never did. When I did get someone on the phone he refused to cancel the auto order (future debits from my bank account) and told me that I should think about it and call them back. When I told them that they needed to cancel the auto order now! He replied by telling me that they would set me up on a three month program where I would get the savings for three months and at the end of three months they could cancel the autodebit. I told them that I did not want to do this, and then the representative proceeded to hang up the phone. I barely prevented him from hanging up, and after another lame rebuttal he told me that he would cancel the autodebit, but he could not provide confirmation...we shall see. since this has happened I have done some research on this company and this is standard practice. I would advise against ordering anything with this company, it makes me very nervous that they now have my account information. The customer service agent was also very hostile and thug like through out the call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2011 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-Vitality/internet/New-Vitality-Ageless-Male-When-you-place-an-order-with-New-Vitality-they-instantly-place-779006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New Vitality

automatic billing

AUTHOR: johncande - (Puerto Rico)

when i  did my order witch i did for my father they told me of automatic billing and i said that i did NOT want that because i was doing a favor because my father dosent have a credit card and they told me that i HAVE to do it if i wanted to make the order but i can cancel after a few weeks if i waned to ,the problem i keep trying to call and the phone if always busy.....

what i dont like is the persistence of automatic billing if my father likes it i would gladly keep calling and placing my order

#2 Consumer Suggestion

HOMEBREW

AUTHOR: PAUL - (United States of America)

Comment for Mr James 27 March 2012.
would be interested in your "HOMEBREW", that you said you made up. Care to share the reciepe?
Does it work?
Thanks
Paul

#3 General Comment

Ageless male

AUTHOR: Mr. James - (United States of America)

Even though they put you on a auto replenish, you can always call them as soon as you complete your order and cancel, its all business, dont take it personal. But any way, I tried ageless male, and it seems to work, but its too expensive, so I made my own, so now I have a 5 month supply for the same price

trying ageless male

AUTHOR: ben - (United States of America)

I hate, hate,HATE!!!!!,,absolutely HATE,, registering for these web sites,, all I get is a bunch of junk and am tracked,, just to make a response.....I just got this ageless male stuff,, been taking twice the dosage to speed things up,,, well,, so far I have actually had the energy to go for a few power walks.... I've been on it for about a week now so I guess I'll see where this goes,,,, and YES!!! I DO hate this auto billing shipment stuff that extenze had and THAT is Bull crap,,, if this stuff really works,,, then they won't have ANY problem selling it,,, but Forcing people to buy makes it a SCAM.,,and THAT's why I think it's a scam,,, but i will try it for a few months,, Then I will cancel my card and they won't be able to bill it anymore.
3/13/12
Ben

website email

AUTHOR: customer - (United States of America)

The is no correct or active email available on website. When you try to email this company, all emails are instantly bounced back. The phone numbers on website is never answered! Wouldn't even order through this company for these reasons.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Former Employee POV

AUTHOR: Former NAC Employee 78 - (United States of America)

Take this for what its worth from a former employee of this company. This is exactly what they do, they teach you to word things ( they have you read scripts) so that the customer loses track about you saying they'll receive future orders and be charged and they have u focus on $$$ being less going forward. I am not sure if its Marques or 1 of the 4 supervisors who get the luxury of replying to these posts but as you can see there just copy and pasted scripted answers based on how bad they pissed the customer off. All they care about is getting your information and your forever worrying about when they will charge you next. The place is run like a sweat shop and they treat there customers no better. AVOID at all costs. I am a former employee and have seen how it runs on the inside in the call center, you have to battle the CSRs to cancel cause there trained to "save" and get commission based on it. They even have a contest internally on who saves the most people and get extra money based on that.

AUTHOR: New Vitality - (United States of America)

As per our previous response embedded below:

To All,

I am deeply concerned over your unfortunate comments; we have a very large customer base and when things like this happen it often makes us wonder how it did and what can be done to resolve the situation. To assure quality for our Sales and our Customer Service Representatives we do record our telephone conversations in order to find any fault if any on our offerings.

We do not automatically apply a charge and shipment to your credit card after the first order has shipped, that will only happen if you desire to get a discount on future orders by signing up for our Preferred Customer Program. All our Sales Representative read from a legally approved script and explain the benefits of the Preferred Customer Program which would guarantee the customer a special promotion to receive all future shipments at a discounted price for a one month (or more) supply of the product; the order is only placed when the customer accepts the offer. All customers are advised if they do not want to continue to receive future shipments of the product to call our Customer Service Department within thirty days to cancel future shipments; the Sales Representative does provide the number for the customer to call and cancel on the initial sales call.

Also, our website clearly explains the terms of the Preferred Customer Program. All customers are advised if they do not want to continue to receive future shipments of the product to call our Customer Service Department to cancel future shipments; the same is also stated on the invoice that is sent along to the customer as well as on the order confirmation email. The confirmation email also has our contact information besides phone. In addition to our phone line our Customer Service Department can be reached by email or standard mail.

And, all our Customer Service Representatives (all Customer Service Representatives read from an approved script) explain all the options the customers have available to modify or reschedule their next shipment date of the product based on their individual situation(s) i.e. low on funds, moving, traveling, or usage. The customers are advised if they do not want to continue to receive future shipments of the product or if they want to return a product for credit to call our Customer Service Department before the mutually agreed date.

auto order comment

AUTHOR: kwesi - (United States of America)

i just got my order of ageless male today. i am on the auto order program even though i did not request it

Ageless Male LOL!

AUTHOR: Bob Miller - (United States of America)

The phony "review" site is hilarious!  Not are parts of it straight out of the ads at the product website, but its domain is a subset of the Ageless Male website URL.  Duh!  And it has links to buy the product!  What legitimate review site has links to buy the product being reviewed.  It's amazing that anyone would fall for such a bald-faced phony review but this is done by many scammers these days. In fact, it's a great indication that a product or service is a scam.  Legitimate products have no need to resort to such sleazy tactics.  Also, legitimate review sites allow anyone to post comments.  Scammers either have no provision for responses or they may have a box to write a response but it is never posted.

Also, has anyone noticed that the pictures of the doctor in the TV ad are the same exact pictures as the ones used in a different ad for a different, extremely expensive product/service.  The doctor is associated with both products but the ads are using the same exact pictures to claim that their different products did the same exact thing. The company was so stupid that they actually thought nobody would notice this.

I can't say whether the product does or does not produce any benefit to the customer because I would never use a product that has to use such classic and sleazy sales tactics to sell it.

To Fez,

United States

AUTHOR: bigtyme501 - (United States of America)

If I were you, I would file a complaint with the FTC because their advertisements are deceptive and they rip people off. If the FTC gets enough complaints, they can shut these people down for good.

AGREE WITH MOST OF THE COMPLAIN RUDE

AUTHOR: Fez - (United States of America)

They place ALL orders on auto order with the expectation of debiting your account the following month. They start count the 30 days as soon you place your order and they have no sympathy,This was never made aware to me when I placed the order, and there is no option for auto ordering when you place the order. The most maddening thing about this experience is when I called customer service, I received an answering machine telling me to leave a message and a customer service representative  would return my call...of course they never did. When I did get someone on the phone he refused to cancel the auto order (future debits from my bank account) and told me that I should think about it and call them back. When I told them that they needed to cancel the auto order now! He replied by telling me that they would set me up on a three month program where I would get the savings for three months and at the end of three months they could cancel the autodebit. I told them that I did not want to do this, and then the representative proceeded to hang up the phone. I barely prevented him from hanging up, and after another lame rebuttal he told me that he would cancel the autodebit, but he could not provide confirmation...we shall see. since this has happened I have done some research on this company and this is standard practice. I would advise against ordering anything with this company, it makes me very nervous that they now have my account information. The customer service agent was also very hostile and thug like through out the call.

Proving you are not a scam

AUTHOR: Steve Lyons - (United States of America)

The best and most appropriate method to prove you are not a scam site is to provide a predetermined number of days trail with FREE shipping.  If your product is as life changing and as good as you claim people will order it.  If not then they won't.  You need to provide a FREE sample that is adequate for the effects to manifest themselves or you will never successfully convince customers that the product works.  "FREE" by definition means no financial transaction takes place.

Proving you are not a scam

AUTHOR: Steve Lyons - (United States of America)

The best and most appropriate method to prove you are not a scam site is to provide a predetermined number of days trail with FREE shipping.  If your product is as life changing and as good as you claim people will order it.  If not then they won't.  But you need to provide a sample that is adequate for the effects to manifest themselves or you not successfully convince customers it works.

#15 General Comment

The Customer That Got Away

AUTHOR: PhotonX - (United States of America)

I watched you televised ad today, and like the 'reviewer' at agelessmalereview.com, I said yes, yes, yes, and considered giving your product a try. Due diligence led me to the apparently fake 'reviewer' page and then here, where my suspicions strenghtened.
In my humble opinion: If your company really wants to be considered as a bonafide operation, you could first quit automatically debiting bank accounts before obtaining customer permission *after* the initial trial period; otherwise, right or wrong, many customers will perceive this as dishonest billing practices. Second, you could remove the obviously fake review (mentioned above) of your product that Google floats to the top of the query list (which makes me wonder how much money you spend to
make that happen), the 'review' that repeats verbatim the entire broadcast ad while trying to convince us that this was written by yet another satisfied customer. The 'review' that conveniently provides links directly to the product website.
Even worse was one of those hated Are you sure you want to leave this page? pop-up windows that made me fully expect to have my browser hijacked. At least you were smart enough not to do that, but it made the whole page stink like two-day-old fish in the sun, and the exit pop-up just screams ripoff trap. Come to think of it: Thanks for the warning!, since I will all most never order from anyone who does that. So...just don't do that. Please.
If your product works as well as you claim, I would probably be willing to take it for at least the next ten years. So, why don't you offer a free 60- or 90-day trial, no credit card info needed, to let us decide if ageless male is a game changer. I don't know how you limit this to serious requests only, but I don't know much about business, and presumably you do. Until then, here's one potential customer that got away.
Thank you for your consideration of my remarks.

Disgusting Advertising

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

We have decided we will be contacting radio stations and stores about this company at the disrespectful and insulting nature of your commercials.

Imagine if their commercials stated with "Ladies. Are you half the woman you use to be? Are your breasts sagging, your bottom falling, getting overweight?..."

Women would be outraged. Their commercials are purely unprofessional and an annoyance.

We have already contacted other advertisers on the same radio stations about how we will start not doing business with them BECAUSE of your advertising.

Smith

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

That response says it all. Call your bank ASAP and tell them these people are not allowed to debit you again.

To Smith,

We do not automatically apply a charge and shipment to your credit card after the first order has shipped, that will only happen if you desire to get a discount on future orders by signing up for our "Super Saver Program". I would like to get your order information to research your problem and try and both satisfy you as a customer and possibly learn if there was any fault on our representative side by listening to the calls when they came into our center. We value you as a customer and never want you to have any dissatisfaction. Please call our Customer Service Department and speak with our department manager Marques, that phone number is 1-800-943-6465 and his extension is 1236. I promise that we will do everything possible to make you a happy customer.