Complaint Review: New West, Dba Great Expectations

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2005

• Reported By:Conroe Texas
New West, Dba Great Expectations
50 Briar Hollow Lane, Suite 100 West Houston, Texas U.S.A.

New West, Dba Great Expectations ripoff deceptive library access days and times Houston Texas

On Oct.14th, 2004, I went to the Great Expectations office for an interview to learn about this dating service. First of all, if I was not willing to pay what they were asking for their service, they would settle for less. This bothered me. But just coming off a rough 10 year relationship, I was ready for a meaningful relationship.

Brenda West, the membership rep. who assisted me, pumped me up, and sugar coated the whole program. She indicated that after my photo shoot, and video tape, I would be set to "shop the prospects". She said that I could come in and view the video library any day except friday, or go online to look for a potential mate.

I did not have a P.C. at the time, and declined the extra fee for internet access. Sunday was a good day for me to commute to Houston from Conroe (40 miles away).
I signed my contract, and went to the cashier to schedule a photo session date. After I made my appointment, I noticed a sign indicating, that, effective that weekend, the library would not be available on Sundays for it's members. I asked to speak to Ms. West, but was told that she was with another client.

I left their office to continue my business, but made a call to G.E., and spoke to Valerie Liles, indicating to her that the fact that they were not going to be open on Sundays, was in contradiction to the terms of our agreement. She offered me the internet access for free, to appease, and said that if I didn't own a P.C., I could use one at the public library. Hardly a place to go to for privacy. They refused to refund my money, and I have yet to follow up with the photo session.
I have no trust in these people now. I am out $2323.00

Donald
Conroe, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2005 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-West-Dba-Great-Expectations/Houston-Texas-77027/New-West-Dba-Great-Expectations-ripoff-deceptive-library-access-days-and-times-Houston-Te-136860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New West, Dba Great Expectations