Complaint Review: New World Cabinetry

New World Cabinetry Joe Martin BEWARE BELLMAWR, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: New World Cabinetry is suing Mr. Ackerman

*Consumer Comment: Joe martin Ripped me off also

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Updated Information on the Above

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Let me make one update to my previous statement......

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: New World Cabinetry is Very Legitimate and Very Honest !

Buyers BEWARE of New World Kitchen Cabinetry and it's owner Joseph Joe Martin. Joe Martin is not someone you want to do business with. He is unprofessional, inexperienced and unstable.

He recently left his full time job at a kitchen and bath store to start his own company. Upon leaving he stole suppliers info, customers information, proprietary business information, product samples as well as physical merchandise. He even stole their retail space... He secretly negotiated with the owner of 104 West Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031 to expel the current tenant from the space and illegally take the space over. The landlord allowed him to enter the space and take it over as his own.  The previous tenant lost over $10,000 in supplies and inventory.   Currently the previous tenant has filed a lawsuit against the
landlord as well as Joe Martin. [continued below]....

Furthermore, Joe Martin falsely represented himself as an employee of his previous company to steal customers deposit money. Instead of saving up to open his own business, he simply stole money from clients and left his previous employer on the line for $1,000's.

Joe Martin will run off with your deposit money. If he doesn't, he will incompetently design your new kitchen and you will suffer from project delays and cost overages.  He does not stand behind his products and takes advantage of customers naivety about the industry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-World-Cabinetry/BELLMAWR-New-Jersey-08031/New-World-Cabinetry-Joe-Martin-BEWARE-BELLMAWR-New-Jersey-933202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New World Cabinetry

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

New World Cabinetry is suing Mr. Ackerman

AUTHOR: jmartin896 - ()

We have supplied both his credit card company, the local police station and the attorneys with over 65 pages of documentation along with audio taped messages that Mr> Ackerman left on our voicemail showing that the above is not at all true.  He is currently seeking a public defender to defend his case against 2 counts of theft.

Joe martin Ripped me off also

AUTHOR: Mark Ackerman - ()

Joe Martin of New World Cabinetry did not deliver my order as promised and after I cancelled he refused to cancel and left over 150 lbs of materials on street side of house. Then he claims i stole them.  I cancelled days before and mr. martin tried to bully me.  I am disabled and have severe spine injuries.  He is a crook.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Updated Information on the Above

AUTHOR: jmartin896 - (United States of America)

After Steve Simmons filed charges against myself, Joe Martin, when the time for the hearing came, he actually decided not to show up?  Therefor, the judge dismissed ALL the charges against me BUT, the charge against Steve Simmons and Darrell Simmons and Huma Moid are still open at this point.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Let me make one update to my previous statement......

Through personal observations during the time that I was employed with PA Home
Store, I have reason to believe that Simmons was involved in an ongoing
criminal conspiracy to defraud a national home improvement store.  I
decided that I did not want to be employed by someone whom I perceived
as a liar and a crook!   Please note that although I have personally
observed these things, to my knowledge he has never been arrested or
prosecuted for his involvement.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

New World Cabinetry is Very Legitimate and Very Honest !

AUTHOR: jmartin896 - (United States of America)

I would like to set the record straight with the allegations that have been posted on ROR (Rip off Report).  First of
all, these are ALL false statements.

1.  I am very professional and I have the references to prove it.  Since leaving the very unprofessional PA Home
Store and opening up New World Cabinetry, We have done more business than even that of the old Jerseys Home Store. How?  By giving our customers the best overall pricing and best customer service.

2.  I was the ONLY one at the PA Home store that even had ANY experience selling kitchens or even designing homes.  Yet again, I have the proof that not onlyhave I designed more kitchens but also engineered more homes and had very happy customers.

3.  Unstable?  I have no idea what they are referring to with this allegation.  I am the easiest person to approach and I get along with every customer and contractor.

I did leave my job at the PA Home Store for several reasons:

1.  I did not like the direction the company was heading in while I was there.  For the first week, I heard nothing but complaints about kitchens that were designed incorrectly by the other people there in the office.  Not to mention issues with customer service, items ordered incorrectly and the owner, Steve Simmons, yelling at customers in front of other customers in the front of the store.

2.  A few weeks before I left the store, Steve Simmons was buying Home Depot gift cards from an outside source and paying this person by company check half of the face value.  He placed ads on Craigslist and people would walk in with the gift cards.  He would then go to Home Depot and buy all the appliances you see in his store and
resell them.  I know this because he was so worried that it was illegal and of course it is illegal.  He also had me take the pictures of all the appliances.  I mean, who has $ 8,000.00 worth of Home Depot gift cards on their person and is willing to take half the face value?  I did not want to get in the middle of that mess.  That issue has since been reported to Home Depot and their fraud department.

3.  Steve closed down the former Jerseys Home Store because he could not manage 2 stores.

I approached Steve roughly 3 weeks before I left the store and told him that I wanted to open the store and take
over all operations of the store.  I even offered to help him pay off the 12,000 bill that his son, Darrell Simmons, left
him with when Darrell walked out and left Steve with that bill along with power and phone bills.  All Steve was willing
to do was pay me commission only.  Why would I do all the work and have him pay me commission only?

After all, I saw how he treated his present commissioned sales person he has in the store.  Steve would call everyone else before so he would not have to pay Peter commission on the sale.

I never stole ANY customer information or supplier information.  I did not have to.  While I was at store, I gave EVERY person I spoke to my phone number  just so they could get in touch with me.  That is what customer service is all about.  Too many times has a customer or myself called that store and could not get through because PA Home Store was having issues with their phones.

I never stole ANY proprietary business information.  Why would I need that information?  Pa Home Store charges roughly 100% for some of their cabinets.  Any kitchen store can open a kitchen account with the RTA (Ready To Assemble) kitchen resellers.

I never stole ANY product samples or physical merchandise.  I never needed any of their material.  Product samples are provided by the kitchen cabinet reps or kitchen cabinet resellers.  Most of them are free, some of them do charge but you get that money back on your first order.  For Instance, I called my counter top supplier and asked them to send me the counter top samples and within one week it was mailed to my show room.

I did not  need to misrepresent myself as a former employee of PA Home Store.  I am too proud to tell everyone that I have separated myself from that mess.  If I run into someone who saw me at that store the first thing I say is that I DO NOT associate with anyone at that establishment and I DO NOT work there anymore.

I stand behind everything I sell.  I tell my customers the truth.  I have emails to prove my honesty.  I never stole ANY of
the customers deposit money or attempted to run off with their deposit money.  Since opening this business, we
have sold 15 kitchens.  As of this date, we are waiting on 1 to deliver because it is a custom job which takes 4 weeks
to come in to the showroom.  That customer is picking out granite this week.

AND finally..I never stole their retail space.  Steve Simmons NEVER had a signed lease for that space and stopped paying rent for that space.  He abandoned the building.  The only lease that was signed was with Darrell Simmons of the Jerseys Home Store.  Darrell left the business.  Steve was given ample time to get ALL of his material out of the store.  He was told several times that since he was not paying rent the doors would be locked.  It was not until I QUIT on August 4 that Steve showed up on August 6th accusing us of using HIS store.  A store he had no rights to or even a signed
lease for.  So, Steve removed the rest of his stuff from that store on that day, then threatened to beat the #$&^
out of me and the landlord.  So, I pressed charges against Steve Simmons in Bellmawr, NJ.  Roughly 2 weeks later, Steve Simmons and his crew were witnessed by several people taking out the landlords personal items (kitchen displays, pallet jack, light fixtures, air hose, etc) from the store.  I was simply there to get my personal things from that store.  I had
pictures, a tv, fridge and cleaning supplies in the store.

As of this date, there has been NO lawsuit filed against myself (Joe Martin) or thelandlord.  The only criminal matter being
heard is the State of New Jersey vs. Steve Simmons.