Complaint Review: New World Cabinetry

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: Mbr77 — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
New World Cabinetry
814 N white horse pike Stratford , New Jersey USA

New World Cabinetry Joe Martin Took my payment in full BUT NEVER DELIVERED ON MY CABINETS Stratford New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: We are so confident about our business that....

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: You have received what you asked for

*Author of original report: It wasn't amicable

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: We came to an amicable resolution !!!

Let me start by saying Joe Martin was recommended to me by my contractor. His service was great right up until I was expecting to actually receive what I paid for and ordered.

On May 3 I ordered high end Kabinart cabinets from Joe. I paid him more than 50% for the deposit. $5100. He said it will take 5-6 weeks to be completed. in the meantime I asked Joe for measurements and drawings and specs of my order, because I paid over the phone. I received nothing. I needed it for my contractor mostly.  nothing was ever sent.

On June 10th Joe called me to make final payment. I asked if the cabinets were done he said yes they are on the way. For some reason I didn't question this. He had been great to me for the most part. My renovation process had taken so long already that I was just fed up and not thinking. So I paid the balance. Big mistake!!

A few weeks later, no cabinets, and Joe is not returning calls. [continued below]....

..... Not to me or my contractor. On June 30th, Joe answered!! 'they are set to arrive tomorrow' he said. So my contractor had a uhaul ready for 2 days, but still nothing.

On July 3rd I call Joe in a panic- letting him know that I have house guests coming to visit and I'm still living in a hotel until my house is done. No response. July 7th, Joe tells my contractor that my cabinets were on their way and the tractor trailer they were in was in an accident. My cabinets were destroyed. We now know he's lying to us.

My contractor called the dealer for Kabinart, the manufacturer, they tell him that my cabinets were ordered on May 13th but they never received any sort of payment so they didn't make them.  So Joe has $8300 of my money, but has given the manufacturer none. Hmmmmmmmm....

i confronted Joe, well left him a message because he's a coward and won't answer his phone.  He sent me a text and said best way to get your money back is to dispute the charges. Whaaaaat?? Really??? Just like that? You refuse to give me money back?? I have the text, in fact posted it on his company's yelp page. He can't deny any of this! I'm sure he will try.

so I have been in my hotel since April, due to house being destroyed from water damage. I should have been home mid June, but now looking at mid august because Joe stole my money and I have to wait to get it back to re-order cabinets. My sister and her family cancelled their vacation to visit me because my house is not done.

He is a liar so so not trust him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-World-Cabinetry/Stratford-New-Jersey-08084/New-World-Cabinetry-Joe-Martin-Took-my-payment-in-full-BUT-NEVER-DELIVERED-ON-MY-CABINETS-1163507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New World Cabinetry

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

We are so confident about our business that....

Mary,

We are so confident about our business that we encourage anyone who reads your report and is looking to purchase cabinets to please come into our establishment and purchase cabinets.  Not only will we give them an additional 500.00 off for mentioning they saw your "RIP off report" but we will also work out convenient payment terms with them to make sure they feel more comfortable when they purchase their new cabinets.  We know we did not Rip you off or steal your money.  We make sure EVERY customer is happy when their kitchen is finished.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

You have received what you asked for

Mary Rinaldo,

I spoke to Advanced Restoration Group and they also gave you the money back.  So, you have not only the original money back but also their money back.  Your stories do not line up.  I have spoked to Dave and Eric about this and you simply stated in the text message that you were going to dispute the credit card authorization.  We were out of town that day and told you that may be the easiest thing to do if that is what you wanted to do that day.  So, you disputed the charges.  I will not go back and forth about this.  Your story does not line up with what happened.  I am glad you got not only your original money back BUT also the money that Advanced Resoration Groups money.  I am sorry you dont agree this did not come to an amicable end as we did.  We make sure every customer is happy.  We have very many happy customers for that reason.

It wasn't amicable

AUTHOR: Mbr77 - ()

Let's be clear on something Joe- there is a big difference between a refund, and me dispute the charges and the bank forcing you to give the money back.  I asked you for a refund and you said no I would have to dispute. So that means I don't have my money yet. Disputes take 45 days to clear.

I love that you say we have different versions of what happened. You hiding and avoiding my calls pretty much made it clear you were lying. What am I confused about? You saying everyday the cabinets were on their way and they were never made? You had your chance to be honest and truthful when I called you, you chose to not answer. So don't try to save your business here by lying to the public. I have emails from your dealer at Kabinart, that prove that I am telling the truth.

A lawsuit will be next. You didn't just willingly give my money back, you were forced. You did steal my money. You ruined a family vacation and I was forced to live in the hotel 2 months longer than I should have due to your lies.

My goal would be to make sure you go out  of business. Clearly you are not a good man, based on the other reviews about you. You can't deny them all Joe. People don't go to this site without a reason.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

We came to an amicable resolution !!!

Dear Ms. Philadelphia,

After reading your Ripoffreport, I am glad we were able to refund ALL of your money and come to a very amicable resolution to the situation.  Although we dont agree with your entire story in this report, we dont see the need to go back and forth online in this matter.  We are just glad you got your money back as you requested. We are glad you were not.....Ripped off.