Complaint Review: New World Distribution

• Updated: Sun, May 05, 2013

• Reported By: zac — North Hollywood California
New World Distribution
27068 La Paz Rd #546, Aliso Viejo, Select State/Province USA

New World Distribution Cary Floyd, New World Distribution, Rip Off, Scam, Liar, Thief Aliso Viejo California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I am Cary Floyd how dare you

Cary Floyd, Donna Love and the rest of the New World Distribution employees talk filmmakers into paying a fee to digitally distribute their films online and in theaters. NWD charges anywhere from $2,000 - $5,000 to do this and asks for deliverables such as harddrives and hd cams plus subtitling work. All in all the filmmaker will spend thousands of dollars and many many hours of their time prepping their film for delivery to Cary and team.

Cary then promises a release date for your film onto the online platforms (Many, many deadlines that come and go with no film release), ships your files off to India and begins encoding them for release. This can take anywhere up to a year and you can expect that nothing will get done in that amount of time except that you'll be told many lies by Cary if you can even get a hold of him after he has your money.

The year will pass and your distribution contract will expire at which point you'll have to resort to suing NWD in small claims court to even get in contact with these jerks. [continued below]....

..... They won't show up to court and you'll be stuck with a huge amount of legal paperwork to do.

Cary Floyd is a thief, a liar and a con artist who feeds off of filmmakers and people in the entertainment industry. This man has NO dignity, honor or moral compass. I was lied to over 20 times and promised 10 release dates during our year contract, NONE OF WHICH came true. Our contract ended with ZERO business being performed and no refund or even an apology or explanation for the events that DIDN'T take place.

Cary and NWD broke a signed contract with absolutely ZERO regard to what was right, just or decent. These people are after your money and won't lift a finger for you once they've got it.

After doing my checks and balances at the end of our contract I've found that this has happened to many other filmmakers. If you see this man, don't do business with him, don't run away fast... run him over with your car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2013 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-World-Distribution/Aliso-Viejo-Select-StateProvince-92656/New-World-Distribution-Cary-Floyd-New-World-Distribution-Rip-Off-Scam-Liar-Thief-Al-1048530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New World Distribution

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I am Cary Floyd how dare you

AUTHOR: cary floyd - ()

How dare you call me shady.  Why should you get paid, I need to get paid first.  Thats how it works.  I am a god in the entertainment industry.  I pay who I want when I want, get in line, you will never see a dime from me or any of my great companies that I have formed.  Ill show you a con man.  Show your face, we are the best distribution company in the world, you have no proff to say otherwise.  Always remember, I get paid first, then we will see if you get your 2 cents.