Complaint Review: New York City health department

• Submitted: Wed, January 12, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 12, 2011

• Reported By: Cris — Tampa Florida U.S.A.
New York City health department
125 Worth Street Internet United States of America

New York City health department New York City Office of Vital Records NYC government office takes money provides NO service Internet

I'm the mother of a kid born in NYC. I'm not giving my kid's personal details here to protect his/her privacy. Since I legally changed my name, I sent an application to the NYC Dept of Health/Vital Records office asking them to change the mom's name on the kid's birth certificate and mail us a copy of the corrected birth certificate. NYC asked for $55 for the corrected birth certificate, which I sent them---in Jnauary 2010. NYC cashed the checks in March 2010. All of the documents that are normally required to make a change to abirth certificate were mailed to the NYC office of Vital Records, as well as a lot of other documentation they didn't need to ask for. We even sent NYC a notarized letter. They've been stalling and evadingus for one year. NYC took our money and sends form letters telling us "the application will be processed in the order it was received."Nothing on nyc.gov says it will take a year to process a request for a corrected birth certificate. We don't live in NYC anymore, but so what? I'm a US born citizen. They took the money and deposited the check 2 months after they received the application and supporting documents. Either the city of New York has a dysfunctional government or something shady is going on. I even wrote two letters to Mayor Bloomberg about this problem. He didn't bother to answer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-York-City-health-department/internet/New-York-City-health-department-New-York-City-Office-of-Vital-Records-NYC-government-offic-681748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New York City health department