Complaint Review: New York Mint

• Updated: Mon, June 17, 2013

• Reported By: obidus98 — Hickory North Carolina
New York Mint
Internet USA

New York Mint grossly overcharged me for a 5 oz koala silver coin from perth mint Internet

*Author of original report: buyers remorse

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

I was called numerous times to get me to buy a 2011 ms-69 5 oz silver koala coin.  It was a first time coinage from a reputable mint and was told they were in high demand and low mintage.  My research did not even find the coin as it was brand new.  I was charged a very good rate of 798 USD instead of their ususal 999 USD as I was a "good customer" (fool) so they said.  I have noticed the coins sold a few months later for hundreds less  and now sell for 300-400 USD.  I had done a little business with them before and thought their prices were a bit high, but this coin was gouged beyond belief.  I know I should have known better, but they were convincing.  I told them when they called me with a deal again, that I would never do business with them again.  WHAT A RIP-OFF!  Coin shoppers beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/New-York-Mint/internet/New-York-Mint-grossly-overcharged-me-for-a-5-oz-koala-silver-coin-from-perth-mint-Interne-1059883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New York Mint

buyers remorse

AUTHOR: obidus98 - ()

Yes, buyers remorse from being conned.  You appear to condone that lying is acceptable behavior in today's business world.  Anyway NYM can be added to your men of steal list.

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: coast - ()

It isn't a rip-off unless they charged more than the agreed amount or if they did not send the item as described. Your only complaint is that the price decreased after your purchase. You are suffering from a case of buyer's remorse.