Complaint Review: NewEgg

• Reported By: SadlyDisappointed — Stillwater Oklahoma
NewEgg
Internet USA

NewEgg RMA Denied For CLEARLY Defective Laptop Internet

*Consumer Comment: What is the policy?

I recently purchased a laptop from Newegg. I noticed that it was defective (seam between mousepad/keyboard and base of the laptop separates) and initiated an RMA. Note that I had someone else there to witness the defect, so it was not just me making this up. After getting several "managers" who told me I was basically out of luck because I changed the operating system (which doesn't alter the fact that the case of the laptop is physically defective), I reached ****** who contacted her superior who said that if Dell would "credit Newegg for the laptop in it's current condition", they would see what they could do.

I now have been without a school computer for 2 weeks because of this fiasco, and now I'm told I have to wait even longer while you Newegg has both my money and the laptop. I've been told that the RMA has been "expedited". However, my RMA was originally expedited and it looks like they didn't even look that hard for the defect. After all of this mess, I just want a refund.

I have considered the options of filing a Better Business Bureau complaint as well as a complaint with the FTC (Bureau of Consumer Protection. I will wait until I find out how this ends before I make my decision on what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEgg/internet/NewEgg-RMA-Denied-For-CLEARLY-Defective-Laptop-Internet-1067227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewEgg

What is the policy?

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You have changed the product by replacing their original OS. Software is treated as a part of computer even though you cannot touch it (OS is a software if you don't know). If you cannot return the computer as its original state, you are out of luck. Also, how long have you had the computer? What did happen to cause the seam to break? You omitted these facts and focused on the claim part, which is also not valid anyway, in order to be in favor for you. You can report anyone you want. You could get them to small claim court as well. I doubt you will win in the court.