Complaint Review: NewEgg

• Submitted: Fri, March 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: Howard — Long Beach Washington U.S.A.
NewEgg

NewEgg newegg.com You can't get there from here Internet

I was shopping this evening for a laptop computer case, mouse and webcam.  Went to neweggafter a google search and it took about a half hour to find the items and place them in my cart.  When I went to checkout I had only two options, remember my account and login or create a new account - NO GUEST CHECKOUT....  It's absolutely absurd that a shopping service would not allow a guest checkout.  I was not at my computer, did not have ready access to my POP3 email account, without a great deal of hassle so I did the next best thing 24 hour chat..  I explained to Jennifer that there was no guest ceckout and Ithat I didn't have any way to remember any of the 50 or 60 passwords I hae and was not at my own computer.  Bottom line she would pass it along to the management, like that will ever happen.  Newegg just wants the accounts for some reason and are less concerned about making the sale.  I understand the need for passwords these days but what about instances like this, or for that matter the ease of a simple guest checkout.  They do offer PAYPUKE but they too require you to sign-in or create an account.  WTF another password to remember...  It takes a real moron to put a customer through all this and not have a simple way the customer can just make the purchase and go about their business!  It's like standing in a large grocery line for a gallon of milk.  Problem is Newegg doesn't care!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 11:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEgg/internet/NewEgg-neweggcom-You-cant-get-there-from-here-Internet-858630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewEgg