Complaint Review: NewEgg.com

• Updated: Sat, October 12, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Anonymous
NewEgg.com
, Select State/Province USA

NewEgg.com Without providing a good or service, refuses to relinquish funds in a timely manner Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

I was a first time customer of NewEgg.  NewEgg attempted to sell a product that was outdated and not even cost competitive.  The manufacturer was selling the product for $30 less days previous, when the bundled services were still current.  By the time I received my package, those free service offers would have been expired.

I've made online credit card transactions with more than 30 merchants in the past 5 years alone.  That number doesn't even include smaller merchant sales within large retailer websites. I've rarely needed to refuse a purchase, but when I have it was always an easy experience.  In contrast, NewEgg has been an extremely negative experience which has caused me excessive stress and cost me numerous hours of my discretionary time.  The following is what occurred.

1) I call FedEx to try to refuse package, but am unable because it was sent smartpost. [continued below]....

..... I then went to post office every day to make sure I refuse the package as soon as possible.  I refused the package in just over 3 hours after it was available at post office, according to USPS website tracking information.

2) Threats: When I called to receive a return of my funds there soon a threat that my IP address was recorded. Even though I specifically stated I order the item, yet refused to accept delivery.  Never did I claim I did not order the item.  This threat was made because I was requesting that NewEgg not make me wait any longer than the 9 days it had already been for them to receive the package.

3) Bold lies: NewEgg claimed they did not and could not know where their package was.  Previous to the conversation, I was able to place "92" in front of the FedEx number at USPS and see that USPS noted the package was refused at my post office.  I repeatedly notified NewEgg that I only wrote "refuse" on the package while the package was in the possession of the post office.  Never did I accept possession of the package.  In the same conversation the supervisor did eventually admit that USPS had possession of the refused package and even if it was lost they'd be refunded by USPS.

4) Supervisor was taunting and made absurd accusations about things I never said.  For instance claimed I had said the Supervisor was "insecure".  I clearly said "sound unsure" in reference to their claim they could hold onto my funds. Repeatedly told me that what I was saying was somehow inappropriate and tried to cause me concern that I was being recorded.  Put me on hold while I was still speaking. Eventually hung up on me without refunding my money, despite no goods or services were ever possessed by me or anyone but the USPS.

5) Email lies: "3 to 5 days processing"  "noted to your account" "expedited your claim to 24 hours, without receiving the package".   All lies intended to portray that something was being done to provide a return of my funds, even though nothing was being done.

6) Next day phone call threat: Occurred to my cellphone that I specifically requested not to be called and never provided the number to the supervisor.  Was told call was being made for "clarification" of an e-mail, when obviously that clarification should have occurred by e-mail, or not at all. During call, supervisor claimed that because I was cooperating with my credit card company the entire process of returning my funds would be canceled.  I also was again told "We don't have the package either".  Yet USPS tracking site shows that NewEgg at this time indeed did have the package.

7) I immediately call my credit card company to notify them that NewEgg supervisor is using intimidation tactics.

8) I then e-mail supervisor to cease all contact with me.

9) I then called NewEgg to report supervisor to another supervisor.  New supervisor totally ignores my complaint, tries to make small chat to distract me, and that didn’t work.  I end call with new supervisor saying same lies about "24 hours, noted to account".

10) I Report horrible customer service experience to "Google Trusted Stores" service and BBB.

11) Now sharing account of my experience online to warn others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEggcom/Select-StateProvince/NewEggcom-Without-providing-a-good-or-service-refuses-to-relinquish-funds-in-a-timely-1091480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewEgg.com

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order. Please email us at wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction; we will be glad to look further into these reported issues for you.

We want you to know that we appreciate your relationship with Newegg. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,