- Report: #1091480
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: NewEgg.com
NewEgg.com Without providing a good or service, refuses to relinquish funds in a timely manner Internet
*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I was a first time customer of NewEgg. NewEgg attempted to sell a product that was outdated and not even cost competitive. The manufacturer was selling the product for $30 less days previous, when the bundled services were still current. By the time I received my package, those free service offers would have been expired.
I've made online credit card transactions with more than 30 merchants in the past 5 years alone. That number doesn't even include smaller merchant sales within large retailer websites. I've rarely needed to refuse a purchase, but when I have it was always an easy experience. In contrast, NewEgg has been an extremely negative experience which has caused me excessive stress and cost me numerous hours of my discretionary time. The following is what occurred.
1) I call FedEx to try to refuse package, but am unable because it was sent smartpost. [continued below]....
2) Threats: When I called to receive a return of my funds there soon a threat that my IP address was recorded. Even though I specifically stated I order the item, yet refused to accept delivery. Never did I claim I did not order the item. This threat was made because I was requesting that NewEgg not make me wait any longer than the 9 days it had already been for them to receive the package.
3) Bold lies: NewEgg claimed they did not and could not know where their package was. Previous to the conversation, I was able to place "92" in front of the FedEx number at USPS and see that USPS noted the package was refused at my post office. I repeatedly notified NewEgg that I only wrote "refuse" on the package while the package was in the possession of the post office. Never did I accept possession of the package. In the same conversation the supervisor did eventually admit that USPS had possession of the refused package and even if it was lost they'd be refunded by USPS.
4) Supervisor was taunting and made absurd accusations about things I never said. For instance claimed I had said the Supervisor was "insecure". I clearly said "sound unsure" in reference to their claim they could hold onto my funds. Repeatedly told me that what I was saying was somehow inappropriate and tried to cause me concern that I was being recorded. Put me on hold while I was still speaking. Eventually hung up on me without refunding my money, despite no goods or services were ever possessed by me or anyone but the USPS.
5) Email lies: "3 to 5 days processing" "noted to your account" "expedited your claim to 24 hours, without receiving the package". All lies intended to portray that something was being done to provide a return of my funds, even though nothing was being done.
6) Next day phone call threat: Occurred to my cellphone that I specifically requested not to be called and never provided the number to the supervisor. Was told call was being made for "clarification" of an e-mail, when obviously that clarification should have occurred by e-mail, or not at all. During call, supervisor claimed that because I was cooperating with my credit card company the entire process of returning my funds would be canceled. I also was again told "We don't have the package either". Yet USPS tracking site shows that NewEgg at this time indeed did have the package.
7) I immediately call my credit card company to notify them that NewEgg supervisor is using intimidation tactics.
8) I then e-mail supervisor to cease all contact with me.
9) I then called NewEgg to report supervisor to another supervisor. New supervisor totally ignores my complaint, tries to make small chat to distract me, and that didn’t work. I end call with new supervisor saying same lies about "24 hours, noted to account".
10) I Report horrible customer service experience to "Google Trusted Stores" service and BBB.
11) Now sharing account of my experience online to warn others.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEggcom/Select-StateProvince/NewEggcom-Without-providing-a-good-or-service-refuses-to-relinquish-funds-in-a-timely-1091480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.