Complaint Review: NewEgg.com

• Updated: Wed, June 04, 2014

• Reported By: Amplify — Minnesota
NewEgg.com
Internet USA

NewEgg.com | Fraudulent Website Account and Billing Practices. Website designed to hide account details, due dates and interest charges to confuse customers. La Puente CA

*Author of original report: NewEgg.com Still Scamming a denying their fraudulent activities

*Author of original report: Newegg.com Fraudulent Online Account Practices

*UPDATE Employee: Thank you for your feedback

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Preferred Account

On NewEgg.com preferred account page, the balances are hidden intentionally to mislead customers. The page is designed so that you do not know when your payments are due or the pending interest charges. There are no interest charges listed. You have to browse the website to find the dates and interest charges that will apply to your payments and the cutoff dates. This is Newegg.com newest modern day rip-off tactics.

When I made my purchases, I did them all together and verified that the due dates where all the same.

What Newegg does is to stop sending billing statements, and will occasionally send you emails about billing. While this whole process comes across as normal, it is design to cause confusion because when you log into their website, the interest rates and due dates are hidden.

I was a victim of this fraud and when I called the company to complain, I was informed that I had to send a fax to their corporate office. [continued below]....

..... This is their strategy, if you call Newegg to complain about interest charges, then they’ll send you to their corporate office.

This corporate office has no phone number, you are told to send a fax, no one responded to my fax and when I called Newegg, the customer services was extremely rude and unprofessional, these people (so called reps) are the worse scum of the earth.

While Newegg.com may appear to have good deals and prices, they are the valley of death, as soon as you buy anything, they will instantly bill you and rush to mail you the product which makes it impossible to cancel or modify your order. Newegg is the symbol of rip-off tactics and fraud.

Paying a low price is a way to lure you in, these people care about one thing only, getting my money, and when they did, no one tried to help. To conclude, I paid the interest charge, no one returned my call or answered my fax, the fax is simply a way to get you away from the reps. Stay away from Newegg because you will pay more in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEggcom/internet/NewEggcom-Fraudulent-Website-Account-and-Billing-Practices-Website-designed-to-hide-a-1136656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewEgg.com

NewEgg.com Still Scamming a denying their fraudulent activities

AUTHOR: Amplify - ()

I have contacted the number provided in this message and newegg.com is refusing to rectify the problem or admit to any wrong doing. Their response on here is simply a smoke screen, a Red Herring, total distraction from their fraudulent activities.

I will never buy another item from this company, their low prices is a death trap, onces you buy anything you are forever screwed.

Newegg.com Fraudulent Online Account Practices

AUTHOR: Amplify - ()

After I posted my complaints on this website Ripoff.com, I also sent a copy of the report to Newegg.com.

Newegg.com responded and told me to contact their preferred Account bank (WebBank), they informed me in the email below that they (Newegg.com) did not manage or maintain these accounts.

These people are lying, stealing and fraudulent junk-yard dogs. First they told me to send a fax to Newegg.com corporate office and to request that the interest changes be waived. I sent two faxes and did not get a response from anyone. I tried contacting Newegg.com but the representatives were very rude, unprofessional and most importantly, unwilling to listen or help.

After I made this report I got the email below from Newegg.com. Please noticed that they are telling me something totally different then what they were saying before.

First they tell me to fax their corporate office. Now they tell me that they are not responsible.

Where does the lie and scam stop?

Yes Newegg.com has cheap products and great prices but if you ever get into an issue, then you are doomed, these people will take your money and that is the end of the story. The low price you pay will be something you live to regret later. Newegg.com, low price now, nightmare later.

This is what newwegg.com said to me in an email.

Newegg.com Fraudulent Account Activities

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for the misunderstanding with the online Preferred Account and how the information is displayed on their online account. We encourage you to contact Preferred Account directly at 888-609-0794 or at the mailing address below to have these concerns addressed.

P.O. Box 105658
Atlanta, GA 30348-5658

For more information on the Newegg Preferred Account, please click on the link below:

newegg.mypreferredaccount.com/index.xhtml

Newegg Support

Please Contact Preferred Account

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

We apologize for any miunderstanding you may have concerning the online Preferred Account, their billing statements and how the information is displayed on their website. We encourage you to contact Preferred Account directly at 888-609-0794 or the mailing address below to have these concerns addressed.

P.O. Box 105658
Atlanta, GA 30348-5658

Know that Newegg Preferred Account is an organization affiliated with Newegg and they managed their own website. Newegg.com has no access to Preferred Account customers’ account information or billing statements in any way.

Newegg Support