Complaint Review: NewWave Communications

• Updated: Sat, September 12, 2009

• Reported By:Middlesboro Kentucky
NewWave Communications
http://www.newwavecom.com Nationwide U.S.A.

NewWave NewWave Communications Accused me of lying, refused to fix slow internet speeds & overcharged for service. Sikeston Missouri

* : Newwave Communications- the real thing

I would say 0% satisfied. I've contacted technical support over 10 times but they all say I have no record that I've ever contected them. I pay an absurd price for 6meg internet but I only get 1meg. The last tech I spoke to named Jason at around accused me of being a liar 3 times by repeatedly insisting I have a router and I only had 2meg. Neither of these are true. He found this out after refreshing the account but didn't apologize. Even still I was very polite to the tech because I was formerly a tech for Charter cable. He then told me he would send out a tech but it would possibly cost me $25 which is also absurd. Additionally, almost every time I call they say they will send out a tech but not a single tech has shown up or called me even though I had to take off work every day. Basically, New Wave has accounted for over $1000 in lost wages and stolen subscription fees by not providing the correct service. I've lived in several places over the years and Newwave Cable has been by far the worst internet provider I have ever had, by far. I would even say at a criminal level. Currently the issue hasn't been resolved and the only other option for internet is dialup so I'm stuck with at best unstable 1meg internet.

Ryan
Middlesboro, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewWave-Communications/nationwide/NewWave-NewWave-Communications-Accused-me-of-lying-refused-to-fix-slow-internet-speeds--468724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewWave Communications

#1

Newwave Communications- the real thing

AUTHOR: Heather - (USA)

I was a employee for this company until about 2 weeks ago when they laid me off. I was the only one that got laid off but they told the rest of the employees that I quit. They then turned my phone off and I almost lost my phone number. They said that they were not trying to do this to get me but they already got me by letting me go. I just wanted to tell you the outcomes of this company.

They do not train the employees well enough to know what to look for to see what type of problem the customer is having. There is few people that know how to find the problem and correct it. The employees get the best service and when you are just a customer you really do not matter. I have seen it. I would go out of my way to take care of the customer's and make sure that their problem was fixed but I have seen them hang up on the customers, techs walk out on the customers, etc. They do not like to give credits either.

When they had my phone out for 4 days, I asked for it but did not get it. Now, that I am an ex-employee, I walk in that building and get looked at differently then when I was an employee. I get threated differently. I think that this company is a joke. I would refer anyone not to go with this company. They want you to go to them because they are cheap but they do not care about the customer's. They will work on their own accounts first before trying to help you. And they get free services!!!

There are some good techs and then there are the techs that just get in and get out. But, yet they keep those and get rid of the good techs. This company is not going to change or get better unless people start making their statements about it and get this going.