Complaint Review: Newbville

• Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:Maple Ridge British Columbia
Newbville
newbville.com/ Internet U.S.A.

Newbville Newbville did not live up to their adverted claims Internet

I bought a WoW account from Newbville in mid Jan/08.

I won't go into all the details although I have all the emails I sent to them and the few I had back. After buying an account, I had to contact them to ask why I had not been sent the account info. Eventually I got an email back saying they had "lost" the password to the account I purchased, but they gave me a credit to get another account. The second account I got had false information and was not as advertised. I complained in repeated emails which were largely ignored (I got the usual "we are forwarding your information to the account managers etc." I never received, despite repeated requests, the account information such as the email address associated with it. I was never told it was a Gamepal problem.

I was surprised to get the recent email from Newbville saying that it was all Gamepa'ls problem and to try to get money back from them. I had paid by PayPal in Jan (and did subsequently launch a complaint with PayPal to no avail since I actually got an account) but by the time of the recent email the 60 day period of grace to get money back is long gone. I have emailed Newbville again and got an email back saying that they have severed their relationship with GamePal and are not responsible for any past problems. Strange since it was Newbville I was dealing with and not Gamepal.

Since this company did not live up to its previous advertisements and promises, I personally have no reason to believe they would do so now, despite Zeon's claims to the contrary, and you can bet I will not have any further dealings with them.

Michaela
Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newbville/internet/Newbville-Newbville-did-not-live-up-to-their-adverted-claims-Internet-333003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newbville