Complaint Review: Newegg

• Reported By: Steven — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Newegg

Newegg Bad Customer Service, RMA Not honored Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Newegg Support

I sent a motherboard in to be replaced or repaired, I inspected it with a magnifying glass before sending it to Newegg to ensure there was no damage done to it, which there was not.  After they received the board, they stated that they couldn't identify anything wrong with the board and that they had exhausted all attempts at finding the cause of the issues.  Then all of a sudden, I receive notice that my RMA will not be honored due to end user caused damage.  This damage was NOT caused by me, and I wouldn't have sent the board in for RMA had it been damaged the way it is now.  There are several pins in the CPU socket that are bent, this is clear as day, anyone could see the damage.  They would have seen this immediately after
receiving the product back, instead they claimed they could not find anything wrong.  Additionally, when I sent the motherboard in, it still functioned, it had a small issue with the memory, but overall it did work well enough to be used.

Now that I've received the motherboard back, it no longer works, and Newegg claims that it did not work when they received it, even though their notes say otherwise.  I've sent countless e-mails to Newegg regarding this, I've been polite and professional and I've been ignored and accused of lying about the situation.  I would not send the product back knowing that it was damaged.  This product was Not physically damaged when I sent it to Newegg.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newegg/internet/Newegg-Bad-Customer-Service-RMA-Not-honored-Internet-952313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg

Newegg Support

AUTHOR: Newegg Support - (USA)

Hello Steven,

We are sorry to hear about this issue you had with this motherboard. If this issue has still not been resolved to your full satisfaction, please send us an email to publicimage@newegg.com. We will be more than glad to  investigate and further assist you. Thank you for your time and we apologize for this unfortunate issue.

Newegg Support