Complaint Review: Newegg

Internet USA

Newegg Laptop RMA - Laptop Returned Worse Than Before  Internet

*Consumer Comment: Similar problem

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

On the second of July a purchased a Lenovo Y500 from Newegg with one day shipping. My laptop arrived quickly and I was very please with it. Two and a half weeks later the monitor starts going dark when the lid is open less than 95 degrees. No problem, I contact Lenovo and am recommended to go back to Newegg as I am within the return period. I do and quickly get an RMA and send out my laptop thinking all is well. A few days pass and I get an email stating no fault it found and they are sending it back, this after them having it for nearly a week. I cant fathom how this is possible as the issue is clear when you open the laptop's lid. They state they did a screen burn in, which would not diagnose the problem at all. I send an email explaining this and get no response. When my laptop arrives it is in worse condition than when we sent it off in. Now the screen is only viewable when the lid is fully extended and Newegg sent it to me with a program still running and locked in administration mode. Multiple calls were exchanged and Newegg has simply said not our problem, return it to Lenovo. So they not only didn't test for the issue they made the issue worse and no refuse to help. Now I have to send it to Lenovo and hope it gets fixed and the laptop will have been in transit longer than in my possession, simply because someone at Newegg did not do their job and actually test for the problem indicated. I will not buy from Newegg again and when time comes to upgrade our gaming rigs someone else will be getting me as a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newegg/internet/Newegg-Laptop-RMA-Laptop-Returned-Worse-Than-Beforenbsp-Internet-1074750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg

Similar problem

AUTHOR: Vincent - ()

I had a similar priblem like yours wirh a laptop I bought from newegg. I bought a Sony Vaio Pro 13 costs $1500 and when it arrived there were noticeable scratches on the lid. I coomplained about the problem to newegg and they told me to send it in. So I did and 2 weeks later they send it back to me in worse condition. The bottom of the laptop is all scratched. The explanation they have is they couldn't find anything wrong with it and gave me a list of numbers to call Sony. This company can't be trusted anymore. I don't think the employees care about the well being of your merchandise.

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,