Complaint Review: Newegg

• Reported By: Chris — Richmond Heights Missouri
Newegg

Newegg newegg.com False Advertising/Bait & Switch, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

I recently ordered from newegg.com.  I placed the order on 4/9/13, and it was supposed to ship on 4/15/13.  On 4/15/13, instead of a shipping confirmation, I got an email stating that my order had been canceled.

They said they had listed the price incorrectly.  Instead of honoring their listed/advertised price, they canceled my order.  They sent me a link to re-order.  That link took me to a slightly different product at a much increased price.  That's clear false advertising, and classic "bait and switch" tactics.

I tried contacting their customer service.  They were unhelpful and dismissive of my concerns.  The best they did was offer me a $25 discount (which is far less than the difference between the advertised price I agreed upon and the new price).  Further, there was no coupon/promo code, nor other redemption details, for the supposed discount.

The link they gave me with the "discount" offer sent me to a page with the normal "new" price, with no discount and no information to apply said discount.  I can only assume this discount is further lies on behalf of newegg trying to sucker me into spending more money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newegg/internet/Newegg-neweggcom-False-AdvertisingBait-Switch-Internet-1043950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.