Complaint Review: Newegg.com and Saecousa.com

• Reported By: Jim — north richland hills Texas United States of America
Newegg.com and Saecousa.com

Newegg.com and Saecousa.com Deceptive advertising - Consumer beware! Internet

*Author of original report: E-mail response from Saecousa.com

*Author of original report: Newegg.com refund

*UPDATE Employee: Newegg Support

I recently purchased a Saeco 104618 Black Standard Drip Coffeemaker from newegg.com and upon receipt yesterday noticed that one of the parts (the charcoal water filter) was missing from the new unopened box.

I contacted newegg.com customer support that proved to be no help/support at all.   I was told that the item was no longer in stock and that I should call the manufacture of the product Saeco @ 800.933.7876.

I called Saeco and waited a good ten minutes before actually getting a human to answer the phone.  Unfortunately this human was not only useless, but continued to 'talk over me' during our conversation.  The final recommendation to me was that I should look on Amazon, EBay and other online companies for the missing filter because even though they were the manufacture they did not carry any filters in stock (go figure that one out)!

I asked the 'human' that I was talking with if I could talk with a supervisor and was told they were all busy at the moment but that I could leave my name and phone number and someone would get back with me concerning my complaint (I will not be holding my breath on that comment)!

I wrote a review on the newegg. [continued below]....
.....com website immediately after getting off the phone with Saeco and all reviews have been strangely removed within the last 18 hours.....Hmmmmm?

Saeco+104618+Black+Standard+Drip+Coffeemaker&x=24&y=2

along with a disclaimer stating their 'Open Box policy' that was not there when I purchased this product.  There are too many other reputable online retailers to choose from, consumers BEWARE of both of these companies!

PS:  I brewed a cup of coffee in my brand new Saeco Coffeemaker this morning and it produced a very lukewarm cup of coffee, no surprise there....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom-and-Saecousacom/internet/Neweggcom-and-Saecousacom-Deceptive-advertising-Consumer-beware-Internet-958756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com and Saecousa.com

E-mail response from Saecousa.com

AUTHOR: Jim Sharp - (United States of America)

Hello

The model number not in our system but under Drip Standard the charcoal filter is part 102CHF I have in stock @ 3.00 plus s/h and any sales tax that may apply .You can order by calling 1-800-321-6993 or by replying to this email with shipping name and address and I can email a order form

WENDY

Newegg.com refund

AUTHOR: Jim Sharp - (United States of America)

Newegg.com contacted me within 24 hours of my post.  They refunded my entire payment and even offered a $25.00 additional discount on a new coffee maker.

Greatly appreciated!

As for Saeco (the actual manufacturer of this product), I still have not received the return phone call that I was told to expect.

Newegg Support

AUTHOR: Newegg Support - (USA)

Hello Jim,

We are sorry to hear about this recent experience you had with this product. Please email us at [email protected] with your order information so that we can further assist you. We understand how this situation has been a huge inconvenience and we look forward to working with you toward a quick solution. Thank you for your time.

Newegg Support