Complaint Review: Newegg.com

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: messenger91 — columbia Maryland United States of America
Newegg.com
9997 Rose Hills Road Internet United States of America

Newegg.com Newegg Took my money, admitted to losing my item, refused to give me my money back, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Newegg Support

I have been shopping at Newegg for years. Recently I ordered a new projector from them. After waiting a week and receiving no status/shipping updates I called Newegg. It turns out they lost the projector and had no idea where it was. They couldn't even tell me if it shipped. I called UPS and they told me a label had been created, but nothing had been picked up. Newegg live chat was no help as it is the typical outsourced copy/paste fest. After admitting fault, multiple Newegg reps told me that a replacement would take ages and that a refund would be a great deal faster than shipping out a new product.

Here's the fun part: the last rep I talked to said it's going to take a 7-10 business day "processing" followed by 3-5 more business days to actually "issue" me the refund and the CSR said I might have to wait even longer. This is especially funny since the first CSR said that it would only be 7-10 business days. Counting the week I waited for it to be sent, that's about a month of Newegg sitting on my money refusing to give me what I paid for or a refund. Newegg is holding my money hostage for something that is their fault, they acknowledge I don't have the projector and it isn't on its way. Their service has really gone downhill.

If you are lucky and never run into any snags, Newegg will be ok for you. However, they are not agile enough to handle anything that isn't a simple RMA. They are unresponsive and even phone support will do nothing but read scripts at you without really listening to your problem. It looks like I'm going to be out double the cost of the projector because I can't wait around until they feel like giving me my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2012 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom/internet/Neweggcom-Newegg-Took-my-money-admitted-to-losing-my-item-refused-to-give-me-my-money-b-932855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com

Newegg Support

AUTHOR: Newegg Support - (USA)

Hello Messenger91,
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. There could be many different reasons for this delay and we would be glad to investigate why this delay occured.  Please send us an email to PublicImage@Newegg.com with the subject line RipOffReport. We will be glad to help rectify this outstanding issue. Thank you for your support and we look forward to working with you toward a solution. Have a great day.

Best Regards,